Community Events and Activities
- YEGArts Mixer – Come meet artists in your area and find inspiration in the community around you. Join the Edmonton Arts Council on February 23 from 6:00-8:00 p.m. at Massawa Café & Bistro (10153 – 97 St.) for free coffee and treats with local arts organizations and artists. RSVP with Kristina: email@example.com / (780) 424-2787 ext 242.
- Piu Yum Recreation Club – Piu Yum Recreation Club
Dancing, Exercise, and Singing
Everyone is welcome, free admission
Every Monday from 1:00 to 4:00 p.m.
Boyle Street Community League
9538 – 103A Avenue, Edmonton
- Musical Mamas Singer Songwriter Support Group for Women – A wonderful gathering of female singer/songwriters and industry professionals who meet monthly to inspire, support, develop, and expand musically. Held at the Boyle Street Plaza on the last Tuesday of each month 7-9 p.m. All Ages – Free
For more information: (780) 807-5883
- WELLNESS WORKSHOPS – Free, drop-in, interactive wellness workshops exploring the different dimensions of wellness.
Thursdays, 1:30- 3:30 p.m.
February 4: Nutrition
February 11: Coping Skills
February 18: Communication Styles
February 25: Art Therapy
Location: Prosper Place (#215, 10106 111 Avenue)
For more information please contact (780) 424-2870.
Supported by E4C, the Wellness Network, & Prosper Place Clubhouse.
- Comfy Collective Kitchen – Try out nutritious, inexpensive foods and easy recipes.
Prepare three ready-to-eat meals to take home and enjoy lunch with the group.
Saturday, February 6, 10:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
$4 for lunch and 3 take-away portions
$7.50 for lunch and 6 take-away portions
For more info or to sign up call (780) 424-2870.
- Edmonton Catholic Schools’ 100 Voices Pre-Kindergarten Programs – Genesis School, as part of Edmonton Catholic Schools’ 100 Voices Pre-Kindergarten program, offers programming for 3 and 4 year olds in unique City of Edmonton Recreation Centres and Attraction sites throughout the city. Sites include Commonwealth Recreation Centre, Central Lions, Valley Zoo, John Janzen Nature Centre, Muttart Conservatory, Kinsmen Sports Centre and many more! For a complete list of locations and information on how to register for these exciting programs please go to www.genesis.ecsd.net or call 780-638-6810.
- FREE KIDS COMPETITIVE SWIM PROGRAM – For kids ages 6 to 14 at Commonwealth Pool.
Must be able to swim 25m unassisted.
Must live within the McCauley boundary.
Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 4 p.m. to 5 p.m.
or contact Kylee Nixon: (780) 428-3290
- Free Hypnotherapy – Life Changing Free Individual Hypnotherapy & Counselling with a Certified Counsellor and Psychotherapist for those who wish to thrive by overcoming self-defeating cognitive, emotional, and behavioural barriers to success. This is a part of community service only for McCauley residents. Please contact through email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Local Author selling signed books – I’ve written a memoir of my life growing up with bipolar disorder, as well as a collection of adventure stories and a poetry collection and would love to sell you a signed copy of any of these, I will even deliver them. Call 587-708-0354 and ask for Leif.
- Autographed Books for Sale – Leif Gregersen, McCauley author, is selling signed copies of his two books and one poetry chapbook at a 15% discount to anyone who mentions this ad. The books are a memoir and a collection of stories and Leif Gregersen can be contacted at (587) 708-0354.
- Boomer to Zoomer Yoga – Small groups or one-on-one. Learn yoga at your own pace; at your own time. $10/hr for small group lessons. Call for more information. Sally @ (587) 336-8306.
- COMMONWEALTH COMMUNITY REC CENTRE ACCESS – All Amenities, Saturdays 5-7 p.m., FREE for MCL and BSCL members.
- NEIGHBOURHOOD PAINTING – Randy, 25 years experience, $12 per hour.Offering Indoor (year round) and/or Outdoor (seasonal). Some of the work I have completed is taking care of all the painting needs at The Rock/ Breakfast Club. To contact me, please leave a message at (780) 426-1122.
- HANDS ON LTD. CONTRACTED SERVICES – Offers: Residential and office cleaning. Move ins and move outs and yard maintenance. Call Linda at (780) 619-4776.
- ART EXHIBIT/SALE – Studio 3 is located at 10308-100 Street half a block south of the CN Tower. It exhibits my multimedia art, miniature furniture and doll houses. The work is unique, imaginative and affordable. If no one is there, or for appointment, please call Marc at (780) 429-3498.
- WIRELESS NETWORKING – Are you tired of your street using you wireless Internet connection? I can set up your Wireless Router and increase your network security. Call Kevan at (780) 983-5343.
- P.A.L.S. Project Adult Literacy Society Needs Volunteers – Work with adult students in the ESL – English as a Second Language program. Training, materials, and supplies provided. Call (780) 424-5514 for more information.
- WECAN FOOD COOP – Monthly Food Basket $15/meat order, $10/produce order – Annual Membership is $5.
Upcoming deadline for payment is Friday, February 5. Payment can be at McCauley Boys & Girls Club, during business hours, Monday – Friday 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Next depot date is Thursday, February 18, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. at McCauley Boys & Girls Club (9425 109A Avenue). For more info please contact (780) 424-2870.
- FREE GUITAR LESSONS – Drop-in guitar lessons for all ages and skill levels. Everyone welcome. Guitars available to use.
Mondays 8:15 p.m. – 9:45 p.m.
February 1, 8, 15, 22, & 29
Location: McCauley Boys & Girls Club, (9425 109A Avenue).
To sign up for guitar lessons or for more info call (780) 424-2870. Sponsored by the McCauley Community League, E4C and Ansgar Danish Lutheran Church.