Community Events and Activities
- OUTDOOR SOCCER – Weekly Recreational Soccer Drop-In!
Come alone or with friends to join in drop-in recreational soccer! Everyone is welcome and we play to have fun and to everyone’s ability. Developed through community partnership with E4C and Inner City Recreation Program
**Thursdays 3:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Throughout spring and summer (June – September)
Location: Sacred Heart Park (10821 96 Street Soccer Field)
For more info please contact (780) 424-2870
- Drop-in Dance/Movement Classes at Mile Zero Dance – Mile Zero Dance holds a number of drop-in dance/movement classes for movers of all experiences levels/ages. Mondays: Professional Technique (10-11:30am), Contact Improv (7-9pm). Tuesdays: Kids 6-10 (4:30-5:15pm), Toonie Yoga (5:30-6:45pm), Butoh (7-9pm). Wednesdays: Noguchi Taiso (10-11:30am). Thursdays: Preschool 3-5 (10-10:45am), Beginner Contemporary (5-6:15pm). Saturdays: House (7-9pm). Classes held at Spazio Performativo (10816-95 St). New faces are always welcome! For more info, visit: milezerodance.com/classes
- GLOBAL FUSION YOUTH ARTS CULTURAL CELEBRATION – July 21st, 2017 – Giovanni Caboto Park (10855 95 Street, Edmonton, AB)
A celebration of diverse cultural arts for youth & young adults. Cultural Groups from all over Edmonton will create a “Multicultural Pow wow” to share traditional art forms, such as: Song, dance, fashion, music, games, storytelling, workshops, and more.
SUBMISSIONS FOR PERFORMANCE & PRESENTATIONS (volunteers too!) Spots Available! An invitation for youth to showcase your cultural arts abilities!!!
COME CELEBRATE OUR DIVERSE CULTURAL BACKGROUNDS IN SOLIDARITY!
Join, Like, Follow the movement!!!
SPONSORSHIP/FUNDING SUPPORT IS ALSO NEEDED AND WELCOME*
SHOW YOUR SUPPORT! DONATE NOW!
*GOFUNDME Campaign link: gf.me/u/vckdg
- Grieving Workshops – Nurturing the Flow of Love and Life
Facilitated by Jonathan Hooton. A talking or healing circle approach will be used to provide a safe space for each participant to tell their story, if they want to, in a non-judgmental group.
Location: McCauley Apartments Office, B08 9541-108A Avenue
For more info please contact (780) 424-2870.
- Street Prints Artist Collective – Volunteer Opportunity
Creating opportunities for independent artists to market and sell.
NOW APPEARING AT 124 STREET FARMERS MARKET BI-WEEKLY (Thursday evenings) JULY-SEPTEMBER
Artists and community arts advocates, volunteer together to market and sell the works of artists who consign their works for a minimal fee. Collective meetings happen bi-weekly as per the availability of members.
Day: Mondays (Bi-weekly)
Meeting Location: Bissell Centre (10527 96 Street)
For more info please contact (780) 424-2870 or (780) 288-1778
Facebook page: @streetprintscollective
- Piu Yum Recreation Club – Piu Yum Recreation Club
Dancing, Exercise, and Singing
Everyone is welcome, free admission
Every Monday from 1:00 to 5:30 p.m.
Boyle Street Community League
9538 – 103A Avenue, Edmonton
- Musical Mamas Singer Songwriter Support Group for Women – A wonderful gathering of female singer/songwriters and industry professionals who meet monthly to inspire, support, develop, and expand musically. Held at the Boyle Street Plaza on the last Tuesday of each month 7-9 p.m. All Ages – Free
For more information: (780) 807-5883
- Comfy Collective Kitchen – Try out nutritious, inexpensive foods and easy recipes.
Prepare three ready-to-eat meals to take home and enjoy lunch with the group. Saturday, April 9, 10:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.$4 for lunch and 3 take-away portions $7.50 for lunch and 6 take-away portions For more info or to sign up call (780) 424-2870.
- Edmonton Catholic Schools’ 100 Voices Pre-Kindergarten Programs – Genesis School, as part of Edmonton Catholic Schools’ 100 Voices Pre-Kindergarten program, offers programming for 3 and 4 year olds in unique City of Edmonton Recreation Centres and Attraction sites throughout the city. Sites include Commonwealth Recreation Centre, Central Lions, Valley Zoo, John Janzen Nature Centre, Muttart Conservatory, Kinsmen Sports Centre and many more! For a complete list of locations and information on how to register for these exciting programs please go to www.genesis.ecsd.net or call 780-638-6810.
- FREE KIDS COMPETITIVE SWIM PROGRAM – For kids ages 6 to 14 at Commonwealth Pool.
Must be able to swim 25m unassisted.
Must live within the McCauley boundary.
Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 4 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Contact Corrine @ (780) 421-1189 or email@example.com.
- Local Author selling signed books – I’ve written a memoir of my life growing up with bipolar disorder, as well as a collection of adventure stories and a poetry collection and would love to sell you a signed copy of any of these, I will even deliver them. Call 587-708-0354 and ask for Leif.
- Autographed Books for Sale – Leif Gregersen, McCauley author, is selling signed copies of his two books and one poetry chapbook at a 15% discount to anyone who mentions this ad. The books are a memoir and a collection of stories and Leif Gregersen can be contacted at (587) 708-0354.
- Boomer to Zoomer Yoga – Small groups or one-on-one. Learn yoga at your own pace; at your own time. $10/hr for small group lessons. Call for more information. Sally @ (587) 336-8306.
- COMMONWEALTH COMMUNITY REC CENTRE ACCESS – All Amenities, Sundays 1-3 p.m., FREE for MCL and BSCL members.
- NEIGHBOURHOOD PAINTING – Randy, 25 years experience, $12 per hour.Offering Indoor (year round) and/or Outdoor (seasonal). Some of the work I have completed is taking care of all the painting needs at The Rock/ Breakfast Club. To contact me, please leave a message at (780) 426-1122.
- HANDS ON LTD. CONTRACTED SERVICES – Offers: Residential and office cleaning. Move ins and move outs and yard maintenance. Call Linda at (780) 619-4776.
- ART EXHIBIT/SALE – Studio 3 is located at 10308-100 Street half a block south of the CN Tower. It exhibits my multimedia art, miniature furniture and doll houses. The work is unique, imaginative and affordable. If no one is there, or for appointment, please call Marc at (780) 429-3498.
- WIRELESS NETWORKING – Are you tired of your street using you wireless Internet connection? I can set up your Wireless Router and increase your network security. Call Kevan at (780) 983-5343.
- P.A.L.S. Project Adult Literacy Society Needs Volunteers – Work with adult students in the ESL – English as a Second Language program. Training, materials, and supplies provided. Call (780) 424-5514 for more information.
- WECAN FOOD COOP – Make Your Monthly Grocery Supply More Complete!
Monthly Food Basket $15/meat order, $10/produce order – Annual Membership is $5.
Summer deadlines for payments are: July 7 and August 4 2017. Payment can be at McCauley Boys & Girls Club, during business hours, Monday – Friday 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
Summer depot pickup dates are Thursday, July 20 and August 17 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. at McCauley Boys & Girls Club (9425 109A Avenue).
For more info please contact (780) 424-2870.
Website info: www.wecanfood.com
- FREE GUITAR LESSONS – Drop-in guitar lessons for all ages and skill levels. (Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult.) Everyone welcome. Guitars available to use. Every Monday 8:15 p.m. – 9:45 p.m. Location: McCauley Boys & Girls Club, (9425 109A Avenue). To sign up for guitar lessons or for more info call (780) 424-2870. Sponsored by the McCauley Community League, E4C and Ansgar Danish Lutheran Church.