Community Events and Activities
- EMPOWER U FOR WOMEN @ e4c – e4c Finanancial Empowerment Hub
March 15– May 24
Thursdays, 1:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
10215 – 97 Street
*Light snacks & bus tickets provided
To register please call: (780) 424-7543 ext.123 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- “WELCOMING SPRING” INDIGENOUS SHARING CIRCLE – with Sharon Pasula
March 20, 10:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
Intercultural Centre (9538 107 Ave.), 3rd Floor
10:00 to Noon Sharing circle
Noon to 1:00 Bannock and stew
All are welcome
Contact: email@example.com/(780) 424-2870
- Bicycle Tune Ups – $25 to tighten, adjust, and clean your two-wheeled treasure – call Alf at (780) 218-2838.
- WORD ON THE STREET POETRY CALL - MARCH 11 SUBMISSION DEADLINE – WORD ON THE STREET CALL for POETRY SUBMISSIONS. As a part of this public space community poetry project, E4C is reaching out to community members to create five-line poems and express themselves. Entries may not only become a part of the landscape of the neighbourhood, but also win cash rewards! For more info please contact: (780) 424-2870 or (780) 426-7861.
- SCHOOL OF INDIGENOUS TEACHINGS – e4c in accordance with ECALA presents
School for Indigenous Teachings
Spring Semester (April 9 – June 18th)
Weekly – Mondays 10 Weeks
All classes located @ Alex Taylor School Building (9321 Jasper Avenue)
Based in Edmonton’s inner city, a variety of indigenous knowledge keepers and instructors will join and lead teachings based on cultural themes and language comprehension. Indigenous heritage learners of all levels can register to take one or two classes.
Language & Cultural Studies (3:00 to 5:00 p.m.)
Bannock Break: (5:00 to 5:30 p.m.)
Indigenous Ways of Knowing and Being (5:30 to 7:30 p.m.)
For more information: (780) 424-2870 / (780) 271-5995 – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- MAJESTIC INK – Willing to do snow shoveling. Call with 24 hours’ notice. Seniors and residential area. Negotiable flat rate. Call Mo: 780-616-3941.
- Free Counselling – Free counselling intended for personal growth from a professional counsellor with a Christian perspective.
Experience freedom from or learn to cope with: Depressive and Anxious Thoughts, Loneliness, Low Self-Esteem, Low Self-Confidence, Fear of the Future, Trauma, Loss and Grief, Addictions, Personality Issues, Relationship Issues, or Fear of Harm. Regardless of your Christian Denomination, Religion, or lack of Religion, if you have reached 18 years of age, you are very welcome for individual or group counselling.
Strictly no money or donation involved. The main objective of this Christian outreach service is to reach out to those who are hurting and, if they choose, to help them transform their lives through Christ and the Church community. Please feel free to email for an appointment: Rev. Dr. Davis P. Tharayil, PhD
- DROP-IN SOCCER RECREATIONAL PLAY FREE PROGRAM – Weekly Recreational Soccer Fun! (Hosted by ICRW/e4c)
Come alone or with friends to join in drop-in recreational soccer! Everyone is welcome and we play to have fun and to everyone’s ability. Developed through community partnership with E4C and Inner City Recreation Program. INDOOR Throughout Winter months (October -April).
Time/Date: Tuesdays 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
Location: Boyle Street Community YMCA Gym 10350 95 St.
For more info please contact (780) 271-5995 or (587) 337-9860
- Free Creative Writing Classes – 2-4 p.m. Thursdays during month of October @ Prosper Place (#215, 10106 111 Avenue)
Perfect for those who are in need of healing through creative language expression. This is a terrific opportunity to find your writing voice through various creative forms of writing. Instruction by Mental Health Advocate and Professional Writer Leif Gregersen.
Starting date: October 12 (Oct. 12, 19, 26, Nov. 2)
For more info please contact: (780) 424-2870 or (780) 426-7861
- Winter in Little Italy – November 12, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Too chilled to walk the paths of Little Italy? Then hop aboard a horse drawn carriage and tour Shops, Restaurants, and Heritage Buildings. Pick up your passport, collect your stamps, and enter to win a Made-in-McCauley Gift Basket!
- Drop-in Dance/Movement Classes at Mile Zero Dance – Mile Zero Dance holds a number of drop-in dance/movement classes for movers of all experiences levels/ages. Mondays: Professional Technique (10-11:30am), Contact Improv (7-9pm). Tuesdays: Kids 6-10 (4:30-5:15pm), Toonie Yoga (5:30-6:45pm), Butoh (7-9pm). Wednesdays: Noguchi Taiso (10-11:30am). Thursdays: Preschool 3-5 (10-10:45am), Beginner Contemporary (5-6:15pm). Saturdays: House (7-9pm). Classes held at Spazio Performativo (10816-95 St). New faces are always welcome! For more info, visit: milezerodance.com/classes
- Grieving Workshops – Nurturing the Flow of Love and Life
Facilitated by Jonathan Hooton. A talking or healing circle approach will be used to provide a safe space for each participant to tell their story, if they want to, in a non-judgmental group.
Location: McCauley Apartments Office, B08 9541-108A Avenue
For more info please contact (780) 424-2870.
- Street Prints Artist Collective – Creating opportunities for independent artists to market and sell.
A small but growing group of artists and community development folks, volunteering together to market and sell the works and prints of artists who consign their works for a minimal fee. Meetings happen weekly as per the availability of members. Day/Time: Wednesdays 3 to 5 p.m.
Location(s): McCauley Apartments (9541 108A Ave.) or Bissell Centre (10527 96 Street).
For more info please contact (780) 424-2870, (780) 288-1778, or (780) 271-5995
Facebook page: @streetprintscollective
- Piu Yum Recreation Club – Piu Yum Recreation Club
Dancing, Exercise, and Singing
Everyone is welcome, free admission
Every Monday from 1:00 to 5:30 p.m.
Boyle Street Community League
9538 – 103A Avenue, Edmonton
- Musical Mamas Singer Songwriter Support Group for Women – A wonderful gathering of female singer/songwriters and industry professionals who meet monthly to inspire, support, develop, and expand musically. Held at the Boyle Street Plaza on the last Tuesday of each month 7-9 p.m. All Ages – Free
For more information: (780) 807-5883
- Comfy Collective Kitchen – Try out nutritious, inexpensive foods and easy recipes.
Prepare three ready-to-eat meals to take home and enjoy lunch with the group. Saturday, April 9, 10:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.$4 for lunch and 3 take-away portions $7.50 for lunch and 6 take-away portions For more info or to sign up call (780) 424-2870.
- Edmonton Catholic Schools’ 100 Voices Pre-Kindergarten Programs – Genesis School, as part of Edmonton Catholic Schools’ 100 Voices Pre-Kindergarten program, offers programming for 3 and 4 year olds in unique City of Edmonton Recreation Centres and Attraction sites throughout the city. Sites include Commonwealth Recreation Centre, Central Lions, Valley Zoo, John Janzen Nature Centre, Muttart Conservatory, Kinsmen Sports Centre and many more! For a complete list of locations and information on how to register for these exciting programs please go to www.genesis.ecsd.net or call 780-638-6810.
- FREE KIDS COMPETITIVE SWIM PROGRAM – For kids ages 6 to 14 at Commonwealth Pool.
Must be able to swim 25m unassisted.
Must live within the McCauley boundary.
Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 4 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Contact Corrine @ (780) 421-1189 or email@example.com.
- Local Author selling signed books – I’ve written a memoir of my life growing up with bipolar disorder, as well as a collection of adventure stories and a poetry collection and would love to sell you a signed copy of any of these, I will even deliver them. Call 587-708-0354 and ask for Leif.
- Autographed Books for Sale – Leif Gregersen, McCauley author, is selling signed copies of his two books and one poetry chapbook at a 15% discount to anyone who mentions this ad. The books are a memoir and a collection of stories and Leif Gregersen can be contacted at (587) 708-0354.
- Boomer to Zoomer Yoga – Small groups or one-on-one. Learn yoga at your own pace; at your own time. $10/hr for small group lessons. Call for more information. Sally @ (587) 336-8306.
- COMMONWEALTH COMMUNITY REC CENTRE ACCESS – All Amenities, Sundays 1-3 p.m., FREE for MCL and BSCL members.
- NEIGHBOURHOOD PAINTING – Randy, 25 years experience, $12 per hour.Offering Indoor (year round) and/or Outdoor (seasonal). Some of the work I have completed is taking care of all the painting needs at The Rock/ Breakfast Club. To contact me, please leave a message at (780) 426-1122.
- HANDS ON LTD. CONTRACTED SERVICES – Offers: Residential and office cleaning. Move ins and move outs and yard maintenance. Call Linda at (780) 619-4776.
- ART EXHIBIT/SALE – Studio 3 is located at 10308-100 Street half a block south of the CN Tower. It exhibits my multimedia art, miniature furniture and doll houses. The work is unique, imaginative and affordable. If no one is there, or for appointment, please call Marc at (780) 429-3498.
- WIRELESS NETWORKING – Are you tired of your street using you wireless Internet connection? I can set up your Wireless Router and increase your network security. Call Kevan at (780) 983-5343.
- P.A.L.S. Project Adult Literacy Society Needs Volunteers – Work with adult students in the ESL – English as a Second Language program. Training, materials, and supplies provided. Call (780) 424-5514 for more information.
- WECAN FOOD COOP – Make Your Monthly Grocery Supply More Complete for Less!
Monthly Food Basket $15/meat order, $10/produce order – Annual Membership is $5.
Upcoming deadline for payment is Feb. 9. Payment can be at McCauley Boys & Girls Club, during business hours, Monday – Friday 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Next depot date is Feb. 22, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. at McCauley Boys & Girls Club (9425 109A Avenue). For more info please contact (780) 424-2870 or (780)-413-4525.
Website info: www.wecanfood.com
- FREE MONDAY EVENING GUITAR LESSONS – Drop-in guitar lessons for all ages and skill levels. (Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult.) Everyone welcome. Guitars available to use. Every Monday 8:15 p.m. – 9:45 p.m. Location: McCauley Boys & Girls Club, (9425 109A Avenue). To sign up for guitar lessons or for more info call (780) 424-2870. Sponsored by the McCauley Community League, E4C and Ansgar Danish Lutheran Church.