Community Events and Activities
- THE HEALING POWER OF WRITING – Learn about poetry, stories, and comics
Featuring Leif Gregersen. Author of Inching Back to Sane – My Years With Bipolar.
Mondays 1:30-3:30 p.m.
May 2, 9, 16, 23, 30
Location: Prosper Place, #215, 10106 111 Avenue
For more info please contact (780) 424-2870.
- Drop-In Classes at Mile Zero Dance – Mile Zero Dance offers a selection of drop-in dance/movement/yoga classes throughout the week (from January to April 2016). $15 each for members of the public, $12 for MZD members. 10-class cards are offered for $100. For details on individual classes, visit: http://bit.ly/1VX4i5k
- TEACH YOGA – Yoga Instructors’ Training Course. Get a certificate to teach yoga. Five weekends April 2 to May 1. Call Linda Dumont at (780) 428-0805.
- Piu Yum Recreation Club – Piu Yum Recreation Club
Dancing, Exercise, and Singing
Everyone is welcome, free admission
Every Monday from 1:00 to 4:00 p.m.
Boyle Street Community League
9538 – 103A Avenue, Edmonton
- Musical Mamas Singer Songwriter Support Group for Women – A wonderful gathering of female singer/songwriters and industry professionals who meet monthly to inspire, support, develop, and expand musically. Held at the Boyle Street Plaza on the last Tuesday of each month 7-9 p.m. All Ages – Free
For more information: (780) 807-5883
- Comfy Collective Kitchen – Try out nutritious, inexpensive foods and easy recipes.
Prepare three ready-to-eat meals to take home and enjoy lunch with the group. Saturday, April 9, 10:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.$4 for lunch and 3 take-away portions $7.50 for lunch and 6 take-away portions For more info or to sign up call (780) 424-2870.
- Edmonton Catholic Schools’ 100 Voices Pre-Kindergarten Programs – Genesis School, as part of Edmonton Catholic Schools’ 100 Voices Pre-Kindergarten program, offers programming for 3 and 4 year olds in unique City of Edmonton Recreation Centres and Attraction sites throughout the city. Sites include Commonwealth Recreation Centre, Central Lions, Valley Zoo, John Janzen Nature Centre, Muttart Conservatory, Kinsmen Sports Centre and many more! For a complete list of locations and information on how to register for these exciting programs please go to www.genesis.ecsd.net or call 780-638-6810.
- FREE KIDS COMPETITIVE SWIM PROGRAM – For kids ages 6 to 14 at Commonwealth Pool.
Must be able to swim 25m unassisted.
Must live within the McCauley boundary.
Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 4 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- WELLNESS WEDNESDAYS – Join us for an ongoing dialogue on wellness, explored through topics such as, How to De-Stress, Mindfulness and Relaxation, Intro to Art Therapy and more. Supported by E4C and the Wellness Network.
Wednesdays 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. May 4, 11, 18, 25
Location: Office B08 at McCauley Apartments (9541 108A Avenue)
For more info please contact (780) 424-2870.
- Local Author selling signed books – I’ve written a memoir of my life growing up with bipolar disorder, as well as a collection of adventure stories and a poetry collection and would love to sell you a signed copy of any of these, I will even deliver them. Call 587-708-0354 and ask for Leif.
- Autographed Books for Sale – Leif Gregersen, McCauley author, is selling signed copies of his two books and one poetry chapbook at a 15% discount to anyone who mentions this ad. The books are a memoir and a collection of stories and Leif Gregersen can be contacted at (587) 708-0354.
- Boomer to Zoomer Yoga – Small groups or one-on-one. Learn yoga at your own pace; at your own time. $10/hr for small group lessons. Call for more information. Sally @ (587) 336-8306.
- COMMONWEALTH COMMUNITY REC CENTRE ACCESS – All Amenities, Saturdays 5-7 p.m., FREE for MCL and BSCL members.
- NEIGHBOURHOOD PAINTING – Randy, 25 years experience, $12 per hour.Offering Indoor (year round) and/or Outdoor (seasonal). Some of the work I have completed is taking care of all the painting needs at The Rock/ Breakfast Club. To contact me, please leave a message at (780) 426-1122.
- HANDS ON LTD. CONTRACTED SERVICES – Offers: Residential and office cleaning. Move ins and move outs and yard maintenance. Call Linda at (780) 619-4776.
- ART EXHIBIT/SALE – Studio 3 is located at 10308-100 Street half a block south of the CN Tower. It exhibits my multimedia art, miniature furniture and doll houses. The work is unique, imaginative and affordable. If no one is there, or for appointment, please call Marc at (780) 429-3498.
- WIRELESS NETWORKING – Are you tired of your street using you wireless Internet connection? I can set up your Wireless Router and increase your network security. Call Kevan at (780) 983-5343.
- P.A.L.S. Project Adult Literacy Society Needs Volunteers – Work with adult students in the ESL – English as a Second Language program. Training, materials, and supplies provided. Call (780) 424-5514 for more information.
- WECAN FOOD COOP – Monthly Food Basket $15/meat order, $10/produce order – Annual Membership is $5. Upcoming deadline for payment is Friday, May 6. Payment can be at McCauley Boys & Girls Club, during business hours, Monday – Friday 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Next depot date is Thursday, May 19, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. at McCauley Boys & Girls Club (9425 109A Avenue). For more info please contact (780) 424-2870.
- FREE GUITAR LESSONS – Drop-in guitar lessons for all ages and skill levels. Everyone welcome. Guitars available to use. Mondays 8:15 p.m. – 9:45 p.m. May 2, 9, 16, 23, 30
Location: McCauley Boys & Girls Club, (9425 109A Avenue).
To sign up for guitar lessons or for more info call (780) 424-2870. Sponsored by the McCauley Community League, E4C and Ansgar Danish Lutheran Church.