Community Events and Activities
- For the Love of Food!! – Free workshops and creative conversations about our relationship with food.
Mondays, 1:30- 3:30 p.m.
June 1, 8, 15, 22, 29
Location: Prosper Place (#215, 10106 111 Avenue)
- McCauley Community Clean Up – Saturday, June 13, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Location: McCauley Apartments (9541 108A Avenue)
Unwanted items in your house or yard? Volunteers will pick up your old couches, chairs, mattresses, tables, and other items, then take them away for FREE.
Or, you can drop them off yourself at McCauley Apartments. Please no appliances or hazardous materials.
To arrange for a pick-up or to volunteer for the clean-up phone (780) 424-2870.
- Open House/Grand Opening – The Edmonton Intercultural Centre opens it’s doors on Friday, May 29th, from 2:00-5:00pm. Please join us as we celebrate diversity, community, and collaboration. Entertainment, facility tours, and refreshments. 9538 – 107 Avenue (McCauley School). 780 756 2655
- Books2Buy – Visit EPL on the lower level of our Stanley A. Milner Library for $1 paperbacks, kids’ books, audiobooks and CDs, and $2 hardcover books and DVDs. (And remember, the book sales are cash only!)
Friday, May 29: 9 a.m.-8 p.m.
Saturday, May 30: 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
Sunday, May 31: 1-3 p.m.
- Garage sale – 2551 PPCLI Army Cadets, May 30th at the Norwood Legion 11150-82 st. 9am-3pm, you can also support by donating used items
- WRITING QUARTERS – FREE creative writing and arts workshops! Sharing the voices of the Quarters, McCauley, downtown Edmonton and surrounding environs. Everyone is invited. Free coffee. Drop in style. Poetry – Prose – Spoken word – Hand lettering – Making chapbooks and zines! All supplies provided. For more info call (780) 424-2870, or email email@example.com
When: Wednesdays May 6, 13, 20, 27
6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Where: Boyle Street Plaza – 9538 103A Avenue. Supported by E4C, Quarters Arts and the Wellness Network.
- PERMACULTURE INSTALLATION – Learn permaculture principles through the installation of a spiral herb garden. Herb spirals are beautiful and functional growing spaces that offer a variety of different microclimates for plants.
When: Saturday, May 16, 2015
9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Where: McCauley Apartments, Office B08, 9541 108A Avenue.Supported by E4C, Capital Region Housing Corporation, Lady Flower Gardens, and the Wellness Network.
- Edmonton Catholic Schools’ 100 Voices Pre-Kindergarten Programs – Genesis School, as part of Edmonton Catholic Schools’ 100 Voices Pre-Kindergarten program, offers programming for 3 and 4 year olds in unique City of Edmonton Recreation Centres and Attraction sites throughout the city. Sites include Commonwealth Recreation Centre, Central Lions, Valley Zoo, John Janzen Nature Centre, Muttart Conservatory, Kinsmen Sports Centre and many more! For a complete list of locations and information on how to register for these exciting programs please go to www.genesis.ecsd.net or call 780-638-6810.
- FREE KIDS COMPETITIVE SWIM PROGRAM – For kids ages 6 to 14 at Commonwealth Pool.
Must be able to swim 25m unassisted.
Must live within the McCauley boundary.
Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 4 p.m. to 5 p.m.
or contact Kylee Nixon: (780) 428-3290
- WELLNESS WEDNESDAYS – Join us for an ongoing dialogue on wellness, explored through topics such as, How to De-Stress, Mindfulness and Relaxation, Intro to Art Therapy and more. Supported by E4C and the Wellness Network.
Wednesdays 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
May 6, 13, 20, 27
Location: Office B08 at McCauley Apartments (9541 108A Avenue)
For more info please contact (780) 424-2870.
- Free Hypnotherapy – Life Changing Free Individual Hypnotherapy & Counselling with a Certified Counsellor and Psychotherapist for those who wish to thrive by overcoming self-defeating cognitive, emotional, and behavioural barriers to success. This is a part of community service only for McCauley residents. Please contact through email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Local Author selling signed books – I’ve written a memoir of my life growing up with bipolar disorder, as well as a collection of adventure stories and a poetry collection and would love to sell you a signed copy of any of these, I will even deliver them. Call 587-708-0354 and ask for Leif.
- Autographed Books for Sale – Leif Gregersen, McCauley author, is selling signed copies of his two books and one poetry chapbook at a 15% discount to anyone who mentions this ad. The books are a memoir and a collection of stories and Leif Gregersen can be contacted at (587) 708-0354.
- Boomer to Zoomer Yoga – Small groups or one-on-one. Learn yoga at your own pace; at your own time. $10/hr for small group lessons. Call for more information. Sally @ (587) 336-8306.
- COMMONWEALTH COMMUNITY REC CENTRE ACCESS – All Amenities, Saturdays 5-7 p.m., FREE for MCL and BSCL members.
- NEIGHBOURHOOD PAINTING – Randy, 25 years experience, $12 per hour.Offering Indoor (year round) and/or Outdoor (seasonal). Some of the work I have completed is taking care of all the painting needs at The Rock/ Breakfast Club. To contact me, please leave a message at (780) 426-1122.
- HANDS ON LTD. CONTRACTED SERVICES – Offers: Residential and office cleaning. Move ins and move outs and yard maintenance. Call Linda at (780) 619-4776.
- ART EXHIBIT/SALE – Studio 3 is located at 10308-100 Street half a block south of the CN Tower. It exhibits my multimedia art, miniature furniture and doll houses. The work is unique, imaginative and affordable. If no one is there, or for appointment, please call Marc at (780) 429-3498.
- WIRELESS NETWORKING – Are you tired of your street using you wireless Internet connection? I can set up your Wireless Router and increase your network security. Call Kevan at (780) 983-5343.
- P.A.L.S. Project Adult Literacy Society Needs Volunteers – Work with adult students in the ESL – English as a Second Language program. Training, materials, and supplies provided. Call (780) 424-5514 for more information.
- Parent Talk, A Boys & Girls Clubs Big Brothers Big Sisters Program – Weekly peer support group offers support, tools, and information to more confidently parent your children. Drop in, no cost; light meal and child-care provided. Transportation assistance available. McCauley Club, 9425 109A Ave. More information available at bgcbigs.ca/parents or 780-235-7832.
- WECAN FOOD COOP – When: Next depot date is Thursday March 19, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Where: McCauley Boys & Girls Club (9425 109A Avenue).
Cost: Monthly Food Basket $15/meat order, $10/produce order – Annual Membership is $5. Upcoming deadline for payment is Friday May 8. Payment can be at McCauley Boys & Girls Club, during business hours, Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. Next depot date is Thursday May 21, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. at the McCauley Boys and Girls Club (9425 109A Avenue).
Contact: (780) 424-2870
- FREE GUITAR LESSONS – Drop in guitar lessons for all ages and skill levels. Everyone welcome. Guitars available to use.
Mondays 8:00 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.
May 4, 11, 18, 25
Location: McCauley Boys & Girls Club, (9425 109A Avenue).
To sign up for guitar lessons or for more info call (780) 424-2870.
Sponsored by the McCauley Community League, E4C and Ansgar Danish Lutheran Church.