- OUTDOOR SOCCER – Weekly Recreational Soccer Drop-In!
Come alone or with friends to join in drop-in recreational soccer! Everyone is welcome and we play to have fun and to everyone’s ability. Developed through community partnership with E4C and Inner City Recreation Program
**Thursdays 3:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Throughout spring and summer (June – September)
Location: Sacred Heart Park (10821 96 Street Soccer Field)
For more info please contact (780) 424-2870
- Drop-in Dance/Movement Classes at Mile Zero Dance – Mile Zero Dance holds a number of drop-in dance/movement classes for movers of all experiences levels/ages. Mondays: Professional Technique (10-11:30am), Contact Improv (7-9pm). Tuesdays: Kids 6-10 (4:30-5:15pm), Toonie Yoga (5:30-6:45pm), Butoh (7-9pm). Wednesdays: Noguchi Taiso (10-11:30am). Thursdays: Preschool 3-5 (10-10:45am), Beginner Contemporary (5-6:15pm). Saturdays: House (7-9pm). Classes held at Spazio Performativo (10816-95 St). New faces are always welcome! For more info, visit: milezerodance.com/classes
- GLOBAL FUSION YOUTH ARTS CULTURAL CELEBRATION – July 21st, 2017 – Giovanni Caboto Park (10855 95 Street, Edmonton, AB)
A celebration of diverse cultural arts for youth & young adults. Cultural Groups from all over Edmonton will create a “Multicultural Pow wow” to share traditional art forms, such as: Song, dance, fashion, music, games, storytelling, workshops, and more.
SUBMISSIONS FOR PERFORMANCE & PRESENTATIONS (volunteers too!) Spots Available! An invitation for youth to showcase your cultural arts abilities!!!
COME CELEBRATE OUR DIVERSE CULTURAL BACKGROUNDS IN SOLIDARITY!
Join, Like, Follow the movement!!!
SPONSORSHIP/FUNDING SUPPORT IS ALSO NEEDED AND WELCOME*
SHOW YOUR SUPPORT! DONATE NOW!
*GOFUNDME Campaign link: gf.me/u/vckdg
- Grieving Workshops – Nurturing the Flow of Love and Life
Facilitated by Jonathan Hooton. A talking or healing circle approach will be used to provide a safe space for each participant to tell their story, if they want to, in a non-judgmental group.
Location: McCauley Apartments Office, B08 9541-108A Avenue
For more info please contact (780) 424-2870.
- Street Prints Artist Collective – Volunteer Opportunity
Creating opportunities for independent artists to market and sell.
NOW APPEARING AT 124 STREET FARMERS MARKET BI-WEEKLY (Thursday evenings) JULY-SEPTEMBER
Artists and community arts advocates, volunteer together to market and sell the works of artists who consign their works for a minimal fee. Collective meetings happen bi-weekly as per the availability of members.
Day: Mondays (Bi-weekly)
Meeting Location: Bissell Centre (10527 96 Street)
For more info please contact (780) 424-2870 or (780) 288-1778
Facebook page: @streetprintscollective
- BUILDING BRIDGES – Building Bridges All Nations First Nations Fusion Church Services Sundays, 3 to 6 p.m. at St. Faith’s Anglican Church, 11725-93 Street.
- NEW MEMBERS WELCOME TO JOIN MCCAULEY CLUB – Kids from age 6 to 17 are invited join after school programs that run from 3:30 to 6:30 p.m. Mon., Tues., Wed., & Fri., & from 2:30 to 6:30 p.m. on Thurs. Programs include arts & culture, physical activity, health & nutrition, academic support, life skills, and leadership. Drop in at 9425 109A Ave. or call (780) 822-2549 for details. Offered free of charge.
- Piu Yum Recreation Club – Piu Yum Recreation Club
Dancing, Exercise, and Singing
Everyone is welcome, free admission
Every Monday from 1:00 to 5:30 p.m.
Boyle Street Community League
9538 – 103A Avenue, Edmonton
- Musical Mamas Singer Songwriter Support Group for Women – A wonderful gathering of female singer/songwriters and industry professionals who meet monthly to inspire, support, develop, and expand musically. Held at the Boyle Street Plaza on the last Tuesday of each month 7-9 p.m. All Ages – Free
For more information: (780) 807-5883
- Comfy Collective Kitchen – Try out nutritious, inexpensive foods and easy recipes.
Prepare three ready-to-eat meals to take home and enjoy lunch with the group. Saturday, April 9, 10:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.$4 for lunch and 3 take-away portions $7.50 for lunch and 6 take-away portions For more info or to sign up call (780) 424-2870.
- Daycare spaces – Not for Profit accredited Daycare and After School Care has openings for children 12 months to 12 years. McCauley Community After School Care Association – contact email@example.com.
- Edmonton Catholic Schools’ 100 Voices Pre-Kindergarten Programs – Genesis School, as part of Edmonton Catholic Schools’ 100 Voices Pre-Kindergarten program, offers programming for 3 and 4 year olds in unique City of Edmonton Recreation Centres and Attraction sites throughout the city. Sites include Commonwealth Recreation Centre, Central Lions, Valley Zoo, John Janzen Nature Centre, Muttart Conservatory, Kinsmen Sports Centre and many more! For a complete list of locations and information on how to register for these exciting programs please go to www.genesis.ecsd.net or call 780-638-6810.
- HOPE MISSION – 9908 106 Avenue
Monday – Friday
Breakfast Served 7:45 a.m. – 8:00 a.m.
Lunch served 12:00 p.m. – 12:45 p.m.
Supper served 5:00 p.m. – 5:45 p.m.
Brunch 10:45 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
Supper 4:15 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Men, Women, Youth
Doors open 8:30 p.m. – 12:00 p.m.
2:00 p.m. Hope Mission Centre – 9908 106 Avenue
7:00 p.m. Herb Jamieson Centre – 10014 105A Avenue
Tuesday and Thursday
Walk in: 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Family Doctor (Male Patients)
Monday – Friday
Walk in: 2:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
Monday – Friday
Appointment only – call (780) 244-2018 Ext. 278
- FREE KIDS COMPETITIVE SWIM PROGRAM – For kids ages 6 to 14 at Commonwealth Pool.
Must be able to swim 25m unassisted.
Must live within the McCauley boundary.
Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 4 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Contact Corrine @ (780) 421-1189 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- St. John’s Evangelical Lutheran Church – Sunday Services:
German at 9:30AM, English at 11:00AM.
Communion: German first Sunday an English third Sunday of each month.
Special services for religious holidays.
Tel: (780) 422 0059
- Local Author selling signed books – I’ve written a memoir of my life growing up with bipolar disorder, as well as a collection of adventure stories and a poetry collection and would love to sell you a signed copy of any of these, I will even deliver them. Call 587-708-0354 and ask for Leif.
- Autographed Books for Sale – Leif Gregersen, McCauley author, is selling signed copies of his two books and one poetry chapbook at a 15% discount to anyone who mentions this ad. The books are a memoir and a collection of stories and Leif Gregersen can be contacted at (587) 708-0354.
- Boomer to Zoomer Yoga – Small groups or one-on-one. Learn yoga at your own pace; at your own time. $10/hr for small group lessons. Call for more information. Sally @ (587) 336-8306.
- Seniors Caring About Seniors – Seniors Caring About Seniors (SSCAS) is a non-profit organization. Our mission is to be an effective service facilitator for seniors.
How can you help a senior in your neighbourhood? By becoming a Service Provider (earn a little extra cash).
For more information please call Val @ (780) 465-0311 or email email@example.com.
- COMMONWEALTH COMMUNITY REC CENTRE ACCESS – All Amenities, Sundays 1-3 p.m., FREE for MCL and BSCL members.
- Edmonton Family Worship Centre – 10605 – 96 St
Tuesday, 7:00 p.m.
Men’s Freed Group
(Christian 12 Step program) -7:15 p.m. in the Church basement.
Thursday: 7:00 p.m. Watch and Pray -Prayer-Walking the Neighbourhood
Sunday services: 10:00 a.m.
- NEIGHBOURHOOD PAINTING – Randy, 25 years experience, $12 per hour.Offering Indoor (year round) and/or Outdoor (seasonal). Some of the work I have completed is taking care of all the painting needs at The Rock/ Breakfast Club. To contact me, please leave a message at (780) 426-1122.
- HANDS ON LTD. CONTRACTED SERVICES – Offers: Residential and office cleaning. Move ins and move outs and yard maintenance. Call Linda at (780) 619-4776.
- ART EXHIBIT/SALE – Studio 3 is located at 10308-100 Street half a block south of the CN Tower. It exhibits my multimedia art, miniature furniture and doll houses. The work is unique, imaginative and affordable. If no one is there, or for appointment, please call Marc at (780) 429-3498.
- WIRELESS NETWORKING – Are you tired of your street using you wireless Internet connection? I can set up your Wireless Router and increase your network security. Call Kevan at (780) 983-5343.
- P.A.L.S. Project Adult Literacy Society Needs Volunteers – Work with adult students in the ESL – English as a Second Language program. Training, materials, and supplies provided. Call (780) 424-5514 for more information.
- WECAN FOOD COOP – Make Your Monthly Grocery Supply More Complete!
Monthly Food Basket $15/meat order, $10/produce order – Annual Membership is $5. Upcoming deadline for payment is: June 9, 2017. Payment can be at McCauley Boys & Girls Club, during business hours, Monday – Friday 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Next depot date is Thursday, June 22, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. at McCauley Boys & Girls Club (9425 109A Avenue). Website info: www.wecanfood.com.
- FREE GUITAR LESSONS – Drop-in guitar lessons for all ages and skill levels. (Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult.) Everyone welcome. Guitars available to use. Every Monday 8:15 p.m. – 9:45 p.m. Location: McCauley Boys & Girls Club, (9425 109A Avenue). To sign up for guitar lessons or for more info call (780) 424-2870. Sponsored by the McCauley Community League, E4C and Ansgar Danish Lutheran Church.
- LEARNING CENTRE LITERACY ASSOCIATION – The Learning Centre Literacy Association is seeking volunteer tutors to helpadults develop reading, writing and/or math skills. Volunteers participate ingroup learning, tutor one-to-one, or assist drop-in learners.Skills and Experience: High school level reading,writing and/or math skills. Openness to tutor and learn with adults withvarious life experiences, including living with homelessness. Two locations: Boyle Street Community Services and Abbottsfield Mall.
Contact: Denis Lapierre
- NETWORKS ACTIVITY CENTRE – 780-474-3363, EXT. 302. Volunteer! JOIN OUR TEAM! Networks Activity Centre provides adults with brain injury a program that promotes an active lifestyle through opportunities for social interaction, physical activity, and community involvement. Volunteering with Networks Activity Centre is a wonderful way to enrich your life and touch the lives of those we serve. If you are interested in joining our volunteer team please call 780-474-3363 ext. 302.
- WOULD YOU LIKE TO BECOME MORE CONNECTED TO YOUR COMMUNITY? – If you can spare 45-60 minutes a week during school hours to spend playing games, reading books, doing sports, laughing and talking, building, baking, or making crafts, you could become a mentor to a child at Norwood School. Mentors say it’s the best part of their week! To join in the fun please call Leigh Roy at (780) 477-1002, ext. 314 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Our volunteers are valued members of our Norwood Family!
- NICOTINE ANONYMOUS – RICK (780) 474-5593
GWYNN (780) 443-3020
Support for smokers who are trying to quit. Call Nicotine Anonymous.
- SACRED HEART CHURCH OF THE FIRST PEOPLES – (780) 422-3052 for further info on anything listed below.
Eucharist is held each Sunday at 10 a.m., 11:30 a.m. and 7 p.m. Bimonthly programs available to prepare parents for their child’s Baptism, First Communion and Confirmations. Traditional Native Wakes, in First Nations, Métis, and Inuit traditions. AA meets in the Parish Hall. Eating Disorder Group meets each week.WhiteStone Project and Edmonton Inner City Children’s Project Society run their programs in conjunction with Parish programs. Gospel music festivals, dances, youth dances, pancake breakfasts and Feasts are held in the hall throughout the year.
- THE MUSTARD SEED – 10635 – 96 Street
Evening Meals: Mon.-Fri. 7:00-8:00 p.m., Sat. 5:00-6:00 p.m.
Food Depot: Tues. and Thurs. afternoons 1:00-3:00 p.m., Wed. evenings 8:00-9:00 p.m.
Drop-In Coffee: Monday – Friday afternoons 3:00-6:00 p.m.
Evening Drop-In: Saturday 6-10 p.m.
Personal Assistance Centre (PAC, clothing ministry) 10568-114 Street, side door
Mon: 1:00 – 3:30 p.m.
Wed.: 5:00 – 7:30 p.m.
Thurs: 1:00 – 3:30 p.m.
For more information call The Mustard Seed, at (780) 426-5600 or visit: www.theseed.ca
- WOMEN’S HEALTH CLINIC – Located in the Women’s Emergency Accommodation Centre is open Monday – Wednesday from 9:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Closed on Thursday and Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- ST. PETER’S LUTHERAN CHURCH – 9606 – 110 Avenue
The Rock Community Breakfast
Tuesday to Thursday 7 – 9 a.m.
Kid’s Club. Monday 6 – 7:30 p.m.
9611 – 102 Avenue
Men’s Residence, Anchorage Addiction & Rehabilitation Chapel
- BOYLE STREET COMMUNITY SERVICES – 10116 – 105 Avenue (780) 424-4106 Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Youth night: Wed. 4-7 p.m. Adult Drop-In open all day – 8.30 – 4.30 . Lunch: Monday-Friday at 11.30. Free repairs for eyeglasses every Monday, 9 a.m.-1 p.m; housing, family, youth, mental health and outreach programs available.
- INNER CITY PASTORAL MINISTRY – 10527-96 St. NW
Pastor Rick Chapman
Pastoral Assistant: Michelle Nieviadomy
Sunday Service: 11 a.m. – noon
Sunday Lunch: Noon – 1 p.m.
- BOYLE MCCAULEY HEALTH CENTRE – 10628 – 96 Street
Monday – Thursday 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Saturday 9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Women’s Health Promotion Evening: Thursdays (except the last Thursday of the month) from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00p.m. preceded by yoga class at 3:30 p.m. for one hour.
Foot Clinic – Wednesday from 1:30 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Dental – Monday – Friday 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Streetworks during clinic hours.
- BISSELL CENTRE – (780) 423-2285
Adult Cooking Classes: First 3 Wednesdays of the month January – June 11:30 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Movie Night: First 3 Wednesdays of the month 5 – 7 p.m.
Haircuts: Tuesdays 1 to 3 p.m. (sign up at 12:30, first come first serve)
Victorian Order of Nurses: Thursdays 11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Early Childhood Intervention: Monday – Friday 9 a.m. – 4:15 p.m. (reservations preferred)
Drop-In: Monday – Friday 7 a.m. – 3 pm
Women’s Lunch: Tuesdays and Thursday at noon
Parenting Classes: Mondays at 11 a.m.
Haircutters: Tuesdays at 2 p.m.