Church and Agency Services
- Volunteer Opportunity: e4c Board Member – e4c is seeking candidates to join our Board of Directors who support what we do and bring a community perspective to the Board. Experience in the following areas would be an asset: strategic planning/governance, community development/community relations, legal/regulatory environments, government/public sector relations. Our Board of Directors is a volunteer-based Governance Board that consists of 18 Directors that are elected at the Annual General Meeting and term lengths are two or three years. This is an opportunity: to give back to your community, gain experience working on a non for profit Governance Board, be in a role that contributes to eliminating poverty in Edmonton, effective use of your expertise and experience and networking possibilities that arise from the role. For more information: https://e4calberta.org/job_posting/join-our-board-of-directors/
- Site Manager - Housing Services – e4c Leadership Job Opportunity – Site Manager (Housing Services) – WEAC – Does outreach connection, case management, harm reduction, mental health, addictions, and social other issues related to homelessness and sexual exploitation align with your knowledge and experiences as a leader? Are you a change seeker, pro-active community builder and strive to develop relationships through a person-centered approach in a fast-paced environment? e4c is looking for a Site Manager who will oversee and manage program delivery, partner with community stakeholders to enhance the quality of service operations, integrate multi-disciplinary service providers and play a critical role in translating new strategies into the overall operations of the Women’s Emergency Accommodation Centre (WEAC). For more information, please visit: https://e4calberta.org/job_posting/site-manager-housing-services/
- McCauley After School Care - Spaces Available – McCauley After School Care – Spaces Available 9624 108 AVENUE SACRED HEART SCHOOL
childcare from 6:30 AM to 5:45 PM – transportation to and from Victoria, Norwood,
St. Teresa & Ben Calf Robe schools
Please call Terah at 780-424-9367
- e4c Job Opportunities - Permanent Supportive Housing Positions – Are you passionate about social justice, collaboration and innovation? e4c is excited to be opening a new permanent supportive housing residence in December 2018 to provide housing for people who, due to histories of trauma and related mental illness and addictions, need enhanced levels of housing support. The program operates on the cycle of the day, drawing inspiration from the recovery motto of “one day at a time”. The model provides wrap around team staffing that includes clinical supports with a community-based approach, focused on reciprocity, relationship, and wellness. We are currently recruiting for: Overnight Life Skills Coach, Part-time Overnight Life Skills Coach, Wellness Coach, Part-time Overnight Life Skills Coach and Overnight Life Skills Coach! To learn more about these positions, please visit our website at: www.e4calberta.org/careers
- Hope Mission Meals – 9908 – 106 Ave, (780) 422-2018
Monday – Friday
Breakfast 7:30 – 8:15 am
Lunch 12:00 – 12:45 pm
Supper 5:00 – 5:45 pm
Weekends & Holidays
Brunch 10:45 am – 11:30 am
Supper 4:15 – 5:00 pm
- THE SALVATION ARMY – THE SALVATION ARMY
ADDICTIONS & RESIDENTIAL CENTRE
9611 -102 Avenue
Men’s Transitional Housing, Transformations Addiction Recovery Program, Community Support Services, Chapel Service, Volunteer Opportunities.
- BUILDING BRIDGES – Building Bridges All Nations First Nations Fusion Church Services Sundays, 3 to 6 p.m. at St. Faith’s Anglican Church, 11725-93 Street.
- HOPE MISSION – 9908 106 Avenue
Monday – Friday
Breakfast Served 7:45 a.m. – 8:00 a.m.
Lunch served 12:00 p.m. – 12:45 p.m.
Supper served 5:00 p.m. – 5:45 p.m.
Brunch 10:45 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
Supper 4:15 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Men, Women, Youth
Doors open 8:30 p.m. – 12:00 p.m.
2:00 p.m. Hope Mission Centre – 9908 106 Avenue
7:00 p.m. Herb Jamieson Centre – 10014 105A Avenue
Tuesday and Thursday
Walk in: 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Family Doctor (Male Patients)
Monday – Friday
Walk in: 2:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
Monday – Friday
Appointment only – call (780) 244-2018 Ext. 278
- St. John’s Evangelical Lutheran Church – Sunday Services:
German at 9:30AM, English at 11:00AM.
Communion: German first Sunday an English third Sunday of each month.
Special services for religious holidays.
Tel: (780) 422 0059
- Seniors Caring About Seniors – Seniors Caring About Seniors (SSCAS) is a non-profit organization. Our mission is to be an effective service facilitator for seniors.
How can you help a senior in your neighbourhood? By becoming a Service Provider (earn a little extra cash).
For more information please call Val @ (780) 465-0311 or email email@example.com.
- Edmonton Family Worship Centre – 10605 – 96 St
Tuesday, 7:00 p.m.
Men’s Freed Group
(Christian 12 Step program) -7:15 p.m. in the Church basement.
Thursday: 7:00 p.m. Watch and Pray -Prayer-Walking the Neighbourhood
Sunday services: 10:00 a.m.
- NETWORKS ACTIVITY CENTRE – 780-474-3363, EXT. 302. Volunteer! JOIN OUR TEAM! Networks Activity Centre provides adults with brain injury a program that promotes an active lifestyle through opportunities for social interaction, physical activity, and community involvement. Volunteering with Networks Activity Centre is a wonderful way to enrich your life and touch the lives of those we serve. If you are interested in joining our volunteer team please call 780-474-3363 ext. 302.
- WOULD YOU LIKE TO BECOME MORE CONNECTED TO YOUR COMMUNITY? – If you can spare 45-60 minutes a week during school hours to spend playing games, reading books, doing sports, laughing and talking, building, baking, or making crafts, you could become a mentor to a child at Norwood School. Mentors say it’s the best part of their week! To join in the fun please call Leigh Roy at (780) 477-1002, ext. 314 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Our volunteers are valued members of our Norwood Family!
- NICOTINE ANONYMOUS – RICK (780) 474-5593
GWYNN (780) 443-3020
Support for smokers who are trying to quit. Call Nicotine Anonymous.
- SACRED HEART CHURCH OF THE FIRST PEOPLES – (780) 422-3052 for further info on anything listed below.
Eucharist is held each Sunday at 10 a.m., 11:30 a.m. and 7 p.m. Bimonthly programs available to prepare parents for their child’s Baptism, First Communion and Confirmations. Traditional Native Wakes, in First Nations, Métis, and Inuit traditions. AA meets in the Parish Hall. Eating Disorder Group meets each week.WhiteStone Project and Edmonton Inner City Children’s Project Society run their programs in conjunction with Parish programs. Gospel music festivals, dances, youth dances, pancake breakfasts and Feasts are held in the hall throughout the year.
- THE MUSTARD SEED – 10635 – 96 Street
Evening Meals: Mon.-Fri. 7:00-8:00 p.m., Sat. 5:00-6:00 p.m.
Food Depot: Tues. and Thurs. afternoons 1:00-3:00 p.m., Wed. evenings 8:00-9:00 p.m.
Drop-In Coffee: Monday – Friday afternoons 3:00-6:00 p.m.
Evening Drop-In: Saturday 6-10 p.m.
Personal Assistance Centre (PAC, clothing ministry) 10568-114 Street, side door
Mon: 1:00 – 3:30 p.m.
Wed.: 5:00 – 7:30 p.m.
Thurs: 1:00 – 3:30 p.m.
For more information call The Mustard Seed, at (780) 426-5600 or visit: www.theseed.ca
- WOMEN’S HEALTH CLINIC – Located in the Women’s Emergency Accommodation Centre is open Monday – Wednesday from 9:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Closed on Thursday and Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- BOYLE STREET COMMUNITY SERVICES – 10116 – 105 Avenue (780) 424-4106 Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Youth night: Wed. 4-7 p.m. Adult Drop-In open all day – 8.30 – 4.30 . Lunch: Monday-Friday at 11.30. Free repairs for eyeglasses every Monday, 9 a.m.-1 p.m; housing, family, youth, mental health and outreach programs available.
- The Rock Outreach – 11004 – 96 Street NW
Phone (780) 426-1122
Breakfasts: Tuesday to Thursday 7-9 a.m.
Kids Club: Third Monday of the Month
- INNER CITY PASTORAL MINISTRY – 10527-96 St. NW
Pastor Rick Chapman
Pastoral Assistant: Michelle Nieviadomy
Sunday Service: 11 a.m. – noon
Sunday Lunch: Noon – 1 p.m.
- BOYLE MCCAULEY HEALTH CENTRE – 10628 – 96 Street
Monday – Thursday 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Saturday 9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Women’s Health Promotion Evening: Thursdays (except the last Thursday of the month) from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00p.m. preceded by yoga class at 3:30 p.m. for one hour.
Foot Clinic – Wednesday from 1:30 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Dental – Monday – Friday 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Streetworks during clinic hours.
- BISSELL CENTRE – (780) 423-2285
Drop-in Centre: Monday – Friday 7 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. /Saturdays: 12 p.m. – 4 p.m.
Child Care Centre: Monday – Friday 9 a.m. – 4:15 p.m. (reservations preferred)
Women’s Lunch: Tuesdays and Thursday at noon
Health for Two: Tuesdays at 12 p.m.
Parenting Classes: Mondays at 11 a.m.
Free Tax Workshops: Wednesdays 12:30 p.m. – 4 p.m.
Haircuts: Tuesdays 1 to 3 p.m. (sign up at 12:15, first come first serve)