Church and Agency Services
- e4c’s Financial Management Hub Program is Hiring a Program Assistant! – Are you an organized and detail-oriented administrative professional that thrives in a fast paced environment? Do you excel at providing person centered services with non-judgement and openness with an end goal of ensuring all people are welcomed? e4c’s Financial Management Hub is searching for a Program Assistant who will be responsible for day-to-day administrative support including data entry, record keeping, managing correspondence, maintaining a filing system and overall supporting team members. The Program Assistant is the first point of contact for any inquiries from the community and develops relationships with a variety of stakeholders to build positive community relations.
For more information, please visit https://e4calberta.org/job_posting/program-assistant-financial-management-hub-program/
- e4c is hiring an Alberta Certified Teacher! – e4c Early Learning Job Opportunity: Are you an Alberta Certified Teacher that is passionate in working with children (ages 2.5 to 5)
with additional needs to ensure their successful transition into kindergarten? Are you a leader in the classroom that is interested in developing
play based programming to meet the diverse needs of the children and families we serve? For more information, please visit: https://e4calberta.org/job_posting/teacher-early-learning/
- Volunteer Opportunity: e4c Board Member – e4c is seeking candidates to join our Board of Directors who support what we do and bring a community perspective to the Board. Experience in the following areas would be an asset: strategic planning/governance, community development/community relations, legal/regulatory environments, government/public sector relations. Our Board of Directors is a volunteer-based Governance Board that consists of 18 Directors that are elected at the Annual General Meeting and term lengths are two or three years. This is an opportunity: to give back to your community, gain experience working on a non for profit Governance Board, be in a role that contributes to eliminating poverty in Edmonton, effective use of your expertise and experience and networking possibilities that arise from the role. For more information: https://e4calberta.org/job_posting/join-our-board-of-directors/
- McCauley After School Care - Spaces Available – McCauley After School Care – Spaces Available 9624 108 AVENUE SACRED HEART SCHOOL
childcare from 6:30 AM to 5:45 PM – transportation to and from Victoria, Norwood,
St. Teresa & Ben Calf Robe schools
Please call Terah at 780-424-9367
- Hope Mission Meals – 9908 – 106 Ave, (780) 422-2018
Monday – Friday
Breakfast 7:30 – 8:15 am
Lunch 12:00 – 12:45 pm
Supper 5:00 – 5:45 pm
Weekends & Holidays
Brunch 10:45 am – 11:30 am
Supper 4:15 – 5:00 pm
- THE SALVATION ARMY – THE SALVATION ARMY
ADDICTIONS & RESIDENTIAL CENTRE
9611 -102 Avenue
Men’s Transitional Housing, Transformations Addiction Recovery Program, Community Support Services, Chapel Service, Volunteer Opportunities.
- BUILDING BRIDGES – Building Bridges All Nations First Nations Fusion Church Services Sundays, 3 to 6 p.m. at St. Faith’s Anglican Church, 11725-93 Street.
- HOPE MISSION – 9908 106 Avenue
Monday – Friday
Breakfast Served 7:45 a.m. – 8:00 a.m.
Lunch served 12:00 p.m. – 12:45 p.m.
Supper served 5:00 p.m. – 5:45 p.m.
Brunch 10:45 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
Supper 4:15 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Men, Women, Youth
Doors open 8:30 p.m. – 12:00 p.m.
2:00 p.m. Hope Mission Centre – 9908 106 Avenue
7:00 p.m. Herb Jamieson Centre – 10014 105A Avenue
Tuesday and Thursday
Walk in: 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Family Doctor (Male Patients)
Monday – Friday
Walk in: 2:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
Monday – Friday
Appointment only – call (780) 244-2018 Ext. 278
- St. John’s Evangelical Lutheran Church – Sunday Services:
German at 9:30AM, English at 11:00AM.
Communion: German first Sunday an English third Sunday of each month.
Special services for religious holidays.
Tel: (780) 422 0059
- Seniors Caring About Seniors – Seniors Caring About Seniors (SSCAS) is a non-profit organization. Our mission is to be an effective service facilitator for seniors.
How can you help a senior in your neighbourhood? By becoming a Service Provider (earn a little extra cash).
For more information please call Val @ (780) 465-0311 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Edmonton Family Worship Centre – 10605 – 96 St
Tuesday, 7:00 p.m.
Men’s Freed Group
(Christian 12 Step program) -7:15 p.m. in the Church basement.
Thursday: 7:00 p.m. Watch and Pray -Prayer-Walking the Neighbourhood
Sunday services: 10:00 a.m.
- NETWORKS ACTIVITY CENTRE – 780-474-3363, EXT. 302. Volunteer! JOIN OUR TEAM! Networks Activity Centre provides adults with brain injury a program that promotes an active lifestyle through opportunities for social interaction, physical activity, and community involvement. Volunteering with Networks Activity Centre is a wonderful way to enrich your life and touch the lives of those we serve. If you are interested in joining our volunteer team please call 780-474-3363 ext. 302.
- WOULD YOU LIKE TO BECOME MORE CONNECTED TO YOUR COMMUNITY? – If you can spare 45-60 minutes a week during school hours to spend playing games, reading books, doing sports, laughing and talking, building, baking, or making crafts, you could become a mentor to a child at Norwood School. Mentors say it’s the best part of their week! To join in the fun please call Leigh Roy at (780) 477-1002, ext. 314 or e-mail: email@example.com. Our volunteers are valued members of our Norwood Family!
- NICOTINE ANONYMOUS – RICK (780) 474-5593
GWYNN (780) 443-3020
Support for smokers who are trying to quit. Call Nicotine Anonymous.
- SACRED HEART CHURCH OF THE FIRST PEOPLES – (780) 422-3052 for further info on anything listed below.
Eucharist is held each Sunday at 10 a.m., 11:30 a.m. and 7 p.m. Bimonthly programs available to prepare parents for their child’s Baptism, First Communion and Confirmations. Traditional Native Wakes, in First Nations, Métis, and Inuit traditions. AA meets in the Parish Hall. Eating Disorder Group meets each week.WhiteStone Project and Edmonton Inner City Children’s Project Society run their programs in conjunction with Parish programs. Gospel music festivals, dances, youth dances, pancake breakfasts and Feasts are held in the hall throughout the year.
- THE MUSTARD SEED – 10635 – 96 Street
Evening Meals: Mon.-Fri. 7:00-8:00 p.m., Sat. 5:00-6:00 p.m.
Food Depot: Tues. and Thurs. afternoons 1:00-3:00 p.m., Wed. evenings 8:00-9:00 p.m.
Drop-In Coffee: Monday – Friday afternoons 3:00-6:00 p.m.
Evening Drop-In: Saturday 6-10 p.m.
Personal Assistance Centre (PAC, clothing ministry) 10568-114 Street, side door
Mon: 1:00 – 3:30 p.m.
Wed.: 5:00 – 7:30 p.m.
Thurs: 1:00 – 3:30 p.m.
For more information call The Mustard Seed, at (780) 426-5600 or visit: www.theseed.ca
- WOMEN’S HEALTH CLINIC – Located in the Women’s Emergency Accommodation Centre is open Monday – Wednesday from 9:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Closed on Thursday and Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- BOYLE STREET COMMUNITY SERVICES – 10116 – 105 Avenue (780) 424-4106 Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Youth night: Wed. 4-7 p.m. Adult Drop-In open all day – 8.30 – 4.30 . Lunch: Monday-Friday at 11.30. Free repairs for eyeglasses every Monday, 9 a.m.-1 p.m; housing, family, youth, mental health and outreach programs available.
- The Rock Outreach – 11004 – 96 Street NW
Phone (780) 426-1122
Breakfasts: Tuesday to Thursday 7-9 a.m.
Kids Club: Third Monday of the Month
- INNER CITY PASTORAL MINISTRY – 10527-96 St. NW
Pastor Rick Chapman
Pastoral Assistant: Michelle Nieviadomy
Sunday Service: 11 a.m. – noon
Sunday Lunch: Noon – 1 p.m.
- BOYLE MCCAULEY HEALTH CENTRE – 10628 – 96 Street
Monday – Thursday 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Saturday 9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Women’s Health Promotion Evening: Thursdays (except the last Thursday of the month) from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00p.m. preceded by yoga class at 3:30 p.m. for one hour.
Foot Clinic – Wednesday from 1:30 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Dental – Monday – Friday 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Streetworks during clinic hours.
- BISSELL CENTRE – (780) 423-2285
Drop-in Centre: Monday – Friday 7 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. /Saturdays: 12 p.m. – 4 p.m.
Child Care Centre: Monday – Friday 9 a.m. – 4:15 p.m. (reservations preferred)
Women’s Lunch: Tuesdays and Thursday at noon
Health for Two: Tuesdays at 12 p.m.
Parenting Classes: Mondays at 11 a.m.
Free Tax Workshops: Wednesdays 12:30 p.m. – 4 p.m.
Haircuts: Tuesdays 1 to 3 p.m. (sign up at 12:15, first come first serve)