Community Events and Activities
- YMCA Kick Off to Summer – at the Boyle Street Plaza
Come for Popsicles, Punch and Popcorn
June 25 from 3 to 7 p.m.
Bouncy Castle, Pickleball, Collective Kitchens, Crafts, and more.
- Drop In YOGA – Tues./Thurs. 5 p.m.-6 p.m.
Boyle Street Plaza/YMCA Family Resource Centre
9538-103A Ave. 780-426-9265
U/G Parking $1/hr – access on 104 Ave between 95 St. and 96 St.
- HOLIDAY BAKING COLLECTIVE KITCHENS – Boyle Street Plaza/YMCA Family Resource Centre
9538-103A Ave 780 426-9265
Holiday Baking Specialty Kitchens
Saturday Dec 1st, 8th, and 15th
U/G Parking $1/hr – access on 104 Ave between 95 St and 96 St
- Camera / Photography Club – The Edmonton Photographic Historical Society is a camera / photography club open to the public. There is no charge to join and no cost to belong. We exist to promote the historical aspects of photography, the art and science of the processes, the equipment that was used and the photographers that made the images. If you are interested in any of these aspects, then this group is for you.
We meet from 7:30-9 pm on the third Wednesday of each month at the Highlands Library, 6710 – 118 Avenue N.W., Edmonton AB T5B 0P3. The bus service is good, the parking is free, and the atmosphere is friendly. Put us on your Bucket List before it’s too late!
2018-2019 MEETING SCHEDULE
November 21, 2018 MOVIE CAMERAS ETC.
December 19, 2018 CHRISTMAS DINNER MEETING (LOCATION TBA)
January 16, 2019 HISTORIC COMPANIES
February 20, 2019 MILESTONE EVENTS
March 20, 2019 HISTORIC CAMERAS
April 17, 2019 PHOTOGRAPHY BOOKS
May 15, 2019 HISTORIC IMAGES
June 19, 2019 PHOTO SHOOT OUTING (LOCATION TBA)
July & August 2019 SUMMER BREAK
For more information about the Society please contact our Secretary / Treasurer by replying to this ad or send your email to email@example.com
Please visit, like, and share us at Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Edmonton-Photographic-Historical-Society-111963348855385/
- Drop In Yoga – Boyle Street Plaza/YMCA Family Resource Centre
9538-103A Ave 780-426-9265
Drop In YOGA
Tues./Thurs. 5 p.m.-6 p.m. Thurs. 10am-11am
U/G Parking $1/hr – access on 104 Ave between 95 St. and 96 St.
- ART LESSONS – Create beautiful paintings in ink. No experience necessary. In the heart of McCauley. For more info, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- WELLNESS WEDNESDAYS – Weekly activities which help support aspects of wellness
Hosted at McCauley Apartments, with easygoing and fun community members. Guest presenters and facilitators/instructors, outings and social engagement are all featured.
Time/Date: Wednesdays 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
Location: McCauley Apartments (9541 108A Ave, Unit B)
For more info please contact e4c McCauley Office Staff (780) 424-2870
- STAY AND PLAY – Norwood Child and Family Resource Centre has started a new Stay and Play playgroup at the McCauley Boys and Girls Club on Tuesdays! This drop-in group will run from April 3 until June 19 and is for families with children aged 0-6. Join us from 10:00 a.m.- 12:00 p.m. to play with your child, meet new friends, and learn new fun activities in a fun environment! Please call (780) 471-3737 for more information on this or any of our other Stay and Play groups!
- Math Tutoring – Offering math tutoring from junior high to undergraduate levels.
Rate: $30/hour, Phone Nathan Binnema at: (587) 337-4189, email: email@example.com
Willing to make house calls for residents of Boyle Street and McCauley.
Contact for availability.
- DIRTY CARS NO MORE – Dirty car or filthy work truck? NINJATEC DETAILING is my small business and I can detail your vehicles either at home in the BMC area or out of my garage in the west end. Prices are about half of what you’d pay at those “other” shops, and I’m a lot more picky and thorough than they are because I do it the old fashioned hotrod way….BY HAND!! (780) 566-2871 anytime…NINJATEC DETAILING – Make sure you check out my Facebook page!
- MAJESTIC INK – Willing to do snow shoveling. Call with 24 hours’ notice. Seniors and residential area. Negotiable flat rate. Call Mo: 780-616-3941.
- Free Counselling – Free counselling intended for personal growth from a professional counsellor with a Christian perspective.
Experience freedom from or learn to cope with: Depressive and Anxious Thoughts, Loneliness, Low Self-Esteem, Low Self-Confidence, Fear of the Future, Trauma, Loss and Grief, Addictions, Personality Issues, Relationship Issues, or Fear of Harm. Regardless of your Christian Denomination, Religion, or lack of Religion, if you have reached 18 years of age, you are very welcome for individual or group counselling.
Strictly no money or donation involved. The main objective of this Christian outreach service is to reach out to those who are hurting and, if they choose, to help them transform their lives through Christ and the Church community. Please feel free to email for an appointment: Rev. Dr. Davis P. Tharayil, PhD
- DROP-IN SOCCER RECREATIONAL PLAY FREE PROGRAM – Weekly Recreational Soccer Fun! (Hosted by ICRW/e4c) alone or with friends to join in drop-in recreational soccer! Everyone is welcome and we play to have fun and to everyone’s ability. Developed through community partnership with e4c and Inner City Recreation Program.
OUTDOOR Throughout Summer months (May/June-September)
INDOOR Throughout Winter months (October—April)
Time/Date: Tuesdays 1p.m.-3 p.m.
Indoor Location: Boyle Street Community YMCA Gym 10350 95 Street. For more info, please contact (780) 271-5995 or (587) 337-9860
Outdoor Location: Sacred Heart Church Park (9541 108 Ave), Edmonton
Weather and availability may affect locations. Please call or text if unsure: (780) 271-5995 or (587) 337-9860
- Free Creative Writing Classes – 2-4 p.m. Thursdays during month of October @ Prosper Place (#215, 10106 111 Avenue)
Perfect for those who are in need of healing through creative language expression. This is a terrific opportunity to find your writing voice through various creative forms of writing. Instruction by Mental Health Advocate and Professional Writer Leif Gregersen.
Starting date: October 12 (Oct. 12, 19, 26, Nov. 2)
For more info please contact: (780) 424-2870 or (780) 426-7861
- Winter in Little Italy – November 12, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Too chilled to walk the paths of Little Italy? Then hop aboard a horse drawn carriage and tour Shops, Restaurants, and Heritage Buildings. Pick up your passport, collect your stamps, and enter to win a Made-in-McCauley Gift Basket!
- Drop-in Dance/Movement Classes at Mile Zero Dance – Mile Zero Dance holds a number of drop-in dance/movement classes for movers of all experiences levels/ages. Mondays: Professional Technique (10-11:30am), Contact Improv (7-9pm). Tuesdays: Kids 6-10 (4:30-5:15pm), Toonie Yoga (5:30-6:45pm), Butoh (7-9pm). Wednesdays: Noguchi Taiso (10-11:30am). Thursdays: Preschool 3-5 (10-10:45am), Beginner Contemporary (5-6:15pm). Saturdays: House (7-9pm). Classes held at Spazio Performativo (10816-95 St). New faces are always welcome! For more info, visit: milezerodance.com/classes
- Grieving Workshops – Nurturing the Flow of Love and Life
Facilitated by Jonathan Hooton. A talking or healing circle approach will be used to provide a safe space for each participant to tell their story, if they want to, in a non-judgmental group.
Location: McCauley Apartments Office, B08 9541-108A Avenue
For more info please contact (780) 424-2870.
- Street Prints Artist Collective – Creating opportunities for independent artists to market and sell.
Artists volunteering together to market and sell the works and prints of themselves and other artists collectively.
For more info please contact (780) 424-2870 or (780) 271-5995
Facebook page: @streetprintscollective
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
- NEW MEMBERS WELCOME TO JOIN MCCAULEY CLUB – Kids from age 6 to 17 are invited join after school programs that run from 3:30 to 6:30 p.m. Mon., Tues., Wed., & Fri., & from 2:30 to 6:30 p.m. on Thurs. Programs include arts & culture, physical activity, health & nutrition, academic support, life skills, and leadership. Drop in at 9425 109A Ave. or call (780) 822-2549 for details. Offered free of charge.
- Piu Yum Recreation Club – Piu Yum Recreation Club
Dancing, Exercise, and Singing
Everyone is welcome, free admission
Every Monday from 1:00 to 5:30 p.m.
Boyle Street Community League
9538 – 103A Avenue, Edmonton
- Musical Mamas Singer Songwriter Support Group for Women – A wonderful gathering of female singer/songwriters and industry professionals who meet monthly to inspire, support, develop, and expand musically. Held at the Boyle Street Plaza on the last Tuesday of each month 7-9 p.m. All Ages – Free
For more information: (780) 807-5883
- Comfy Collective Kitchen – Try out nutritious, inexpensive foods and easy recipes.
Prepare three ready-to-eat meals to take home and enjoy lunch with the group. Saturday, April 9, 10:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.$4 for lunch and 3 take-away portions $7.50 for lunch and 6 take-away portions For more info or to sign up call (780) 424-2870.
- Daycare spaces – Not for Profit accredited Daycare and After School Care has openings for children 12 months to 12 years. McCauley Community After School Care Association – contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Edmonton Catholic Schools’ 100 Voices Pre-Kindergarten Programs – Genesis School, as part of Edmonton Catholic Schools’ 100 Voices Pre-Kindergarten program, offers programming for 3 and 4 year olds in unique City of Edmonton Recreation Centres and Attraction sites throughout the city. Sites include Commonwealth Recreation Centre, Central Lions, Valley Zoo, John Janzen Nature Centre, Muttart Conservatory, Kinsmen Sports Centre and many more! For a complete list of locations and information on how to register for these exciting programs please go to www.genesis.ecsd.net or call 780-638-6810.
- FREE KIDS COMPETITIVE SWIM PROGRAM – For kids ages 6 to 14 at Commonwealth Pool.
Must be able to swim 25m unassisted.
Must live within the McCauley boundary.
Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 4 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Contact Corrine @ (780) 421-1189 or email@example.com.
- Local Author selling signed books – I’ve written a memoir of my life growing up with bipolar disorder, as well as a collection of adventure stories and a poetry collection and would love to sell you a signed copy of any of these, I will even deliver them. Call 587-708-0354 and ask for Leif.
- Autographed Books for Sale – Leif Gregersen, McCauley author, is selling signed copies of his two books and one poetry chapbook at a 15% discount to anyone who mentions this ad. The books are a memoir and a collection of stories and Leif Gregersen can be contacted at (587) 708-0354.
- COMMONWEALTH COMMUNITY REC CENTRE ACCESS – All Amenities, Sundays 1-3 p.m., FREE for MCL and BSCL members.
- NEIGHBOURHOOD PAINTING – Randy, 25 years experience, $12 per hour.Offering Indoor (year round) and/or Outdoor (seasonal). Some of the work I have completed is taking care of all the painting needs at The Rock/ Breakfast Club. To contact me, please leave a message at (780) 426-1122.
- HANDS ON LTD. CONTRACTED SERVICES – Offers: Residential and office cleaning. Move ins and move outs and yard maintenance. Call Linda at (780) 619-4776.
- ART EXHIBIT/SALE – Studio 3 is located at 10308-100 Street half a block south of the CN Tower. It exhibits my multimedia art, miniature furniture and doll houses. The work is unique, imaginative and affordable. If no one is there, or for appointment, please call Marc at (780) 429-3498.
- WIRELESS NETWORKING – Are you tired of your street using you wireless Internet connection? I can set up your Wireless Router and increase your network security. Call Kevan at (780) 983-5343.
- P.A.L.S. Project Adult Literacy Society Needs Volunteers – Work with adult students in the ESL – English as a Second Language program. Training, materials, and supplies provided. Call (780) 424-5514 for more information.
- WECAN FOOD COOP – Monthly Food Basket $15/meat order, $10/produce order – Annual Membership is $5.
Upcoming deadlines for payment are: May 3 & June 7. Payment can be at McCauley Boys & Girls Club, during business hours, Monday – Friday 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
Next depot dates (for food pick up): May 16 & June 20, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. at McCauley Boys & Girls Club (9425 109A Avenue).
For more info please contact (780) 424-2870 or (780)-413-4525.
Website info: www.wecanfood.com
- FREE MONDAY EVENING GUITAR LESSONS – Instructor: Steven Johnson
Drop in guitar lessons for all ages and skill levels.
(Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult)
Everyone welcome. Guitars available to use.
Every Monday evening – 8:15 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.
Location: McCauley Boys & Girls Club, (9425 109A Avenue).
To sign up for guitar lessons or for more info call (780) 424-2870 or (780) 271-5995
Sponsored by the McCauley Community League, E4C and Ansgar Danish Lutheran Church.