Church and Agency Services
- Teen Nights at the McCauley Club – Join Teen Nights at the McCauley Club! Open to youth 13+ on Tuesdays and Fridays starting at 6:30 p.m. Program includes leadership, community development, health and nutrition and free time with friends. Drop in at 9425 109A Avenue (Boys and Girls Club) or call (780) 822-2549 for details.
- Daycare spaces – Not for Profit accredited Daycare and After School Care has openings for children 12 months to 12 years. McCauley Community After School Care Association – contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- HOPE MISSION – 9908 106 Avenue
Monday – Friday
Breakfast Served 8:00 a.m. – 8:45 a.m.
Lunch served 12:00 p.m. – 12:45 p.m.
Supper served 5:00 p.m. – 5:45 p.m.
Brunch 10:45 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
Supper 4:15 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Men, Women, Youth
Doors open 8:30 p.m. – 12:00 p.m.
2:00 p.m. Hope Mission Centre – 9908 106 Avenue
7:00 p.m. Herb Jamieson Centre – 10014 105A Avenue
Tuesday and Thursday
Walk in: 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Family Doctor (Male Patients)
Monday – Friday
Walk in: 2:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
Monday – Friday
Appointment only – call (780) 244-2018 Ext. 278
- St. John’s Evangelical Lutheran Church – Sunday Services:
German at 9:30AM, English at 11:00AM.
Communion: German first Sunday an English third Sunday of each month.
Special services for religious holidays.
Tel: (780) 422 0059
- Seniors Caring About Seniors – Seniors Caring About Seniors (SSCAS) is a non-profit organization. Our mission is to be an effective service facilitator for seniors.
How can you help a senior in your neighbourhood? By becoming a Service Provider (earn a little extra cash).
For more information please call Val @ (780) 465-0311 or email email@example.com.
- Edmonton Family Worship Centre – 10605 – 96 St
Tuesday, 7:00 p.m.
Men’s Freed Group
(Christian 12 Step program) -7:15 p.m. in the Church basement.
Thursday: 7:00 p.m. Watch and Pray -Prayer-Walking the Neighbourhood
Sunday services: 10:00 a.m.
- VOLUNTEER DRIVERS – SATS is recruiting volunteer drivers to take low to middle income walking elders, age 75 and older, many of whom are living without a family member nearby to important appointments. Call (780) 732-1221 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- VOLUNTEERS NEEDED – The Edmonton Immigrant Services Association is looking for volunteers to help with our, New Neighbours, Language Bank, Mentorship Services, and Youth programs. Contact Alexandru Caldararu at (780) 474.8445 or visit www.eisa-edmonton.org for more details.
- NETWORKS ACTIVITY CENTRE – 780-474-3363, EXT. 302. Volunteer! JOIN OUR TEAM! Networks Activity Centre provides adults with brain injury a program that promotes an active lifestyle through opportunities for social interaction, physical activity, and community involvement. Volunteering with Networks Activity Centre is a wonderful way to enrich your life and touch the lives of those we serve. If you are interested in joining our volunteer team please call 780-474-3363 ext. 302.
- WOULD YOU LIKE TO BECOME MORE CONNECTED TO YOUR COMMUNITY? – If you can spare 45-60 minutes a week during school hours to spend playing games, reading books, doing sports, laughing and talking, building, baking, or making crafts, you could become a mentor to a child at Norwood School. Mentors say it’s the best part of their week! To join in the fun please call Leigh Roy at (780) 477-1002, ext. 314 or e-mail: email@example.com. Our volunteers are valued members of our Norwood Family!
- NICOTINE ANONYMOUS – RICK (780) 474-5593
GWYNN (780) 443-3020
Support for smokers who are trying to quit. Call Nicotine Anonymous.
- SACRED HEART CHURCH OF THE FIRST PEOPLES – (780) 422-3052 for further info on anything listed below.
Eucharist is held each Sunday at 10 a.m., 11:30 a.m. and 7 p.m. Bimonthly programs available to prepare parents for their child’s Baptism, First Communion and Confirmations. Traditional Native Wakes, in First Nations, Métis, and Inuit traditions. AA meets in the Parish Hall. Eating Disorder Group meets each week.WhiteStone Project and Edmonton Inner City Children’s Project Society run their programs in conjunction with Parish programs. Gospel music festivals, dances, youth dances, pancake breakfasts and Feasts are held in the hall throughout the year.
- THE MUSTARD SEED – 10635 – 96 Street
Evening Meals: Mon.-Fri. 7:00-8:00 p.m., Sat. 5:00-6:00 p.m.
Food Depot: Tues. and Thurs. afternoons 1:00-3:00 p.m., Wed. evenings 8:00-9:00 p.m.
Drop-In Coffee: Monday – Friday afternoons 3:00-6:00 p.m.
Evening Drop-In: Saturday 6-10 p.m.
Personal Assistance Centre (PAC, clothing ministry) 10568-114 Street, side door
Mon: 1:00 – 3:30 p.m.
Wed.: 5:00 – 7:30 p.m.
Thurs: 1:00 – 3:30 p.m.
For more information call The Mustard Seed, at (780) 426-5600 or visit: www.theseed.ca
- WOMEN’S HEALTH CLINIC – Located in the Women’s Emergency Accommodation Centre is open Monday – Wednesday from 9:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Closed on Thursday and Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- ST. PETER’S LUTHERAN CHURCH – 9606 – 110 Avenue
The Rock Community Breakfast
Tuesday to Thursday 7 – 9 a.m.
Kid’s Club. Monday 6 – 7:30 p.m.
9611 – 102 Avenue
Men’s Residence, Anchorage Addiction & Rehabilitation Chapel
- INNER CITY PASTORAL MINISTRY – 10527-96 St. NW
Pastor Rick Chapman
Pastoral Associates: Sr. Marion Garneau, Linda Winski
Sunday Service: 11 a.m. – noon
Sunday Lunch: Noon – 1 p.m.
- BOYLE STREET COMMUNITY SERVICES – 10116 – 105 Avenue (780) 424-4106 Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Youth night: Wed. 4-7 p.m. Adult Drop-In open all day – 8.30 – 4.30 . Lunch: Monday-Friday at 11.30. Free repairs for eyeglasses every Monday, 9 a.m.-1 p.m; housing, family, youth, mental health and outreach programs available.
- BOYLE MCCAULEY HEALTH CENTRE – 10628 – 96 Street
Monday – Thursday 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Saturday 9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Women’s Health Promotion Evening: Thursdays (except the last Thursday of the month) from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00p.m. preceded by yoga class at 3:30 p.m. for one hour.
Foot Clinic – Wednesday from 1:30 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Dental – Monday – Friday 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Streetworks during clinic hours.
- BISSELL CENTRE – (780) 423-2285
Adult Cooking Classes: First 3 Wednesdays of the month January – June 11:30 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Movie Night: First 3 Wednesdays of the month 5 – 7 p.m.
Haircuts: Tuesdays 1 to 3 p.m. (sign up at 12:30, first come first serve)
Victorian Order of Nurses: Thursdays 11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Early Childhood Intervention: Monday – Friday 9 a.m. – 4:15 p.m. (reservations preferred)
Drop-In: Monday – Friday 7 a.m. – 3 pm
Women’s Lunch: Tuesdays and Thursday at noon
Parenting Classes: Mondays at 11 a.m.
Haircutters: Tuesdays at 2 p.m.