Quick and Easy Cherry Cheesecake Dessert
During a pandemic, when the government requires us to stay home and self-isolate, we can easily fall into a routine of eating a lot. It’s easy to do when the weather isn’t the warmest and you’re in your house for most of the day.
With food items wavering between out-of-stock and limited supply, it’s a good idea to have readily available ingredients for meals and desserts. This dessert is simple and quick, requiring items that are less likely to be in high demand and out of stock at the grocery store.
- 20 Golden Oreo Cookies (crushed or chopped)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted)
- 8 ounces cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- 1 (20 ounce) can Cherry Pie Filling
For the crust:
- In a bowl, stir Oreo cookies and melted butter together until the cookies have been well-coated by the butter.
- Next, place the mixture into an 8×8 inch pan. Press the mixture into the bottom of the pan.
- Place the pan with the mixture into the fridge, allowing the crust to chill.
- Using a hand mixer, mix the powdered sugar and cream cheese.
- Add the vanilla and then the Cool Whip.
- Next, remove the pan from the fridge and cover all of the crust with the filling.
- Next, spread the cherry pie filling on as the top layer.
- Allow the dessert to chill for a minimum of 2 hours before consuming.
Yovella is a former resident of McCauley who still works and volunteers in the area.