- e4c’s Permanent Supportive Housing Program is Hiring a Community Engagement Coach! – Are you passionate about social justice, collaboration and innovation? Are you passionate about the power of food bringing people together? Do you see yourself as a culinary mastermind for large groups of people, an avid gardener, and passionate about the cycle of food beginning from the garden and into the kitchen? Do you enjoy working on a team that is passionate about the power of resident led programming and initiatives? The Community Engagement Coach will create a safe home environment for up to 20 residents (who due to histories of trauma and currently related mental illness and additions require enhanced levels of housing support) through utilizing non-judgmental, harm reduction, and trauma informed approaches.
For more information, please visit https://e4calberta.org/job_posting/community-engagement-coach-permanent-supportive-housing/
- e4c’s Youth Housing Programs is hiring a Site Manager! – Do you have a passion in walking alongside youth (ages 14-17) and helping them discover their pathway towards adulthood? Are you collaborative, flexible, and goal oriented – while ready to take upon a leadership path? e4c’s Youth Housing Program is looking for a Site Manager who supports youth in a double staffed residential setting model. For more information, please visit: https://lnkd.in/gcJN_9Q
- Drop In YOGA – Tues./Thurs. 5 p.m.-6 p.m.
Boyle Street Plaza/YMCA Family Resource Centre
9538-103A Ave. 780-426-9265
U/G Parking $1/hr – access on 104 Ave between 95 St. and 96 St.
- e4c’s Financial Management Hub Program is Hiring a Program Assistant! – Are you an organized and detail-oriented administrative professional that thrives in a fast paced environment? Do you excel at providing person centered services with non-judgement and openness with an end goal of ensuring all people are welcomed? e4c’s Financial Management Hub is searching for a Program Assistant who will be responsible for day-to-day administrative support including data entry, record keeping, managing correspondence, maintaining a filing system and overall supporting team members. The Program Assistant is the first point of contact for any inquiries from the community and develops relationships with a variety of stakeholders to build positive community relations.
For more information, please visit https://e4calberta.org/job_posting/program-assistant-financial-management-hub-program/
- e4c is hiring an Alberta Certified Teacher! – e4c Early Learning Job Opportunity: Are you an Alberta Certified Teacher that is passionate in working with children (ages 2.5 to 5)
with additional needs to ensure their successful transition into kindergarten? Are you a leader in the classroom that is interested in developing
play based programming to meet the diverse needs of the children and families we serve? For more information, please visit: https://e4calberta.org/job_posting/teacher-early-learning/
- Volunteer Opportunity: e4c Board Member – e4c is seeking candidates to join our Board of Directors who support what we do and bring a community perspective to the Board. Experience in the following areas would be an asset: strategic planning/governance, community development/community relations, legal/regulatory environments, government/public sector relations. Our Board of Directors is a volunteer-based Governance Board that consists of 18 Directors that are elected at the Annual General Meeting and term lengths are two or three years. This is an opportunity: to give back to your community, gain experience working on a non for profit Governance Board, be in a role that contributes to eliminating poverty in Edmonton, effective use of your expertise and experience and networking possibilities that arise from the role. For more information: https://e4calberta.org/job_posting/join-our-board-of-directors/
- McCauley After School Care - Spaces Available – McCauley After School Care – Spaces Available 9624 108 AVENUE SACRED HEART SCHOOL
childcare from 6:30 AM to 5:45 PM – transportation to and from Victoria, Norwood,
St. Teresa & Ben Calf Robe schools
Please call Terah at 780-424-9367
- HOLIDAY BAKING COLLECTIVE KITCHENS – Boyle Street Plaza/YMCA Family Resource Centre
9538-103A Ave 780 426-9265
Holiday Baking Specialty Kitchens
Saturday Dec 1st, 8th, and 15th
U/G Parking $1/hr – access on 104 Ave between 95 St and 96 St
- Camera / Photography Club – The Edmonton Photographic Historical Society is a camera / photography club open to the public. There is no charge to join and no cost to belong. We exist to promote the historical aspects of photography, the art and science of the processes, the equipment that was used and the photographers that made the images. If you are interested in any of these aspects, then this group is for you.
We meet from 7:30-9 pm on the third Wednesday of each month at the Highlands Library, 6710 – 118 Avenue N.W., Edmonton AB T5B 0P3. The bus service is good, the parking is free, and the atmosphere is friendly. Put us on your Bucket List before it’s too late!
2018-2019 MEETING SCHEDULE
November 21, 2018 MOVIE CAMERAS ETC.
December 19, 2018 CHRISTMAS DINNER MEETING (LOCATION TBA)
January 16, 2019 HISTORIC COMPANIES
February 20, 2019 MILESTONE EVENTS
March 20, 2019 HISTORIC CAMERAS
April 17, 2019 PHOTOGRAPHY BOOKS
May 15, 2019 HISTORIC IMAGES
June 19, 2019 PHOTO SHOOT OUTING (LOCATION TBA)
July & August 2019 SUMMER BREAK
For more information about the Society please contact our Secretary / Treasurer by replying to this ad or send your email to email@example.com
Please visit, like, and share us at Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Edmonton-Photographic-Historical-Society-111963348855385/
- Drop In Yoga – Boyle Street Plaza/YMCA Family Resource Centre
9538-103A Ave 780-426-9265
Drop In YOGA
Tues./Thurs. 5 p.m.-6 p.m. Thurs. 10am-11am
U/G Parking $1/hr – access on 104 Ave between 95 St. and 96 St.
- ART LESSONS – Create beautiful paintings in ink. No experience necessary. In the heart of McCauley. For more info, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- WELLNESS WEDNESDAYS – Weekly activities which help support aspects of wellness
Hosted at McCauley Apartments, with easygoing and fun community members. Guest presenters and facilitators/instructors, outings and social engagement are all featured.
Time/Date: Wednesdays 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
Location: McCauley Apartments (9541 108A Ave, Unit B)
For more info please contact e4c McCauley Office Staff (780) 424-2870
- Hope Mission Meals – 9908 – 106 Ave, (780) 422-2018
Monday – Friday
Breakfast 7:30 – 8:15 am
Lunch 12:00 – 12:45 pm
Supper 5:00 – 5:45 pm
Weekends & Holidays
Brunch 10:45 am – 11:30 am
Supper 4:15 – 5:00 pm
- STAY AND PLAY – Norwood Child and Family Resource Centre has started a new Stay and Play playgroup at the McCauley Boys and Girls Club on Tuesdays! This drop-in group will run from April 3 until June 19 and is for families with children aged 0-6. Join us from 10:00 a.m.- 12:00 p.m. to play with your child, meet new friends, and learn new fun activities in a fun environment! Please call (780) 471-3737 for more information on this or any of our other Stay and Play groups!
- THE SALVATION ARMY – THE SALVATION ARMY
ADDICTIONS & RESIDENTIAL CENTRE
9611 -102 Avenue
Men’s Transitional Housing, Transformations Addiction Recovery Program, Community Support Services, Chapel Service, Volunteer Opportunities.
- Math Tutoring – Offering math tutoring from junior high to undergraduate levels.
Rate: $30/hour, Phone Nathan Binnema at: (587) 337-4189, email: email@example.com
Willing to make house calls for residents of Boyle Street and McCauley.
Contact for availability.
- DIRTY CARS NO MORE – Dirty car or filthy work truck? NINJATEC DETAILING is my small business and I can detail your vehicles either at home in the BMC area or out of my garage in the west end. Prices are about half of what you’d pay at those “other” shops, and I’m a lot more picky and thorough than they are because I do it the old fashioned hotrod way….BY HAND!! (780) 566-2871 anytime…NINJATEC DETAILING – Make sure you check out my Facebook page!
- MAJESTIC INK – Willing to do snow shoveling. Call with 24 hours’ notice. Seniors and residential area. Negotiable flat rate. Call Mo: 780-616-3941.
- Free Counselling – Free counselling intended for personal growth from a professional counsellor with a Christian perspective.
Experience freedom from or learn to cope with: Depressive and Anxious Thoughts, Loneliness, Low Self-Esteem, Low Self-Confidence, Fear of the Future, Trauma, Loss and Grief, Addictions, Personality Issues, Relationship Issues, or Fear of Harm. Regardless of your Christian Denomination, Religion, or lack of Religion, if you have reached 18 years of age, you are very welcome for individual or group counselling.
Strictly no money or donation involved. The main objective of this Christian outreach service is to reach out to those who are hurting and, if they choose, to help them transform their lives through Christ and the Church community. Please feel free to email for an appointment: Rev. Dr. Davis P. Tharayil, PhD
- DROP-IN SOCCER RECREATIONAL PLAY FREE PROGRAM – Weekly Recreational Soccer Fun! (Hosted by ICRW/e4c) alone or with friends to join in drop-in recreational soccer! Everyone is welcome and we play to have fun and to everyone’s ability. Developed through community partnership with e4c and Inner City Recreation Program.
OUTDOOR Throughout Summer months (May/June-September)
INDOOR Throughout Winter months (October—April)
Time/Date: Tuesdays 1p.m.-3 p.m.
Indoor Location: Boyle Street Community YMCA Gym 10350 95 Street. For more info, please contact (780) 271-5995 or (587) 337-9860
Outdoor Location: Sacred Heart Church Park (9541 108 Ave), Edmonton
Weather and availability may affect locations. Please call or text if unsure: (780) 271-5995 or (587) 337-9860
- Free Creative Writing Classes – 2-4 p.m. Thursdays during month of October @ Prosper Place (#215, 10106 111 Avenue)
Perfect for those who are in need of healing through creative language expression. This is a terrific opportunity to find your writing voice through various creative forms of writing. Instruction by Mental Health Advocate and Professional Writer Leif Gregersen.
Starting date: October 12 (Oct. 12, 19, 26, Nov. 2)
For more info please contact: (780) 424-2870 or (780) 426-7861
- Winter in Little Italy – November 12, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Too chilled to walk the paths of Little Italy? Then hop aboard a horse drawn carriage and tour Shops, Restaurants, and Heritage Buildings. Pick up your passport, collect your stamps, and enter to win a Made-in-McCauley Gift Basket!
- Drop-in Dance/Movement Classes at Mile Zero Dance – Mile Zero Dance holds a number of drop-in dance/movement classes for movers of all experiences levels/ages. Mondays: Professional Technique (10-11:30am), Contact Improv (7-9pm). Tuesdays: Kids 6-10 (4:30-5:15pm), Toonie Yoga (5:30-6:45pm), Butoh (7-9pm). Wednesdays: Noguchi Taiso (10-11:30am). Thursdays: Preschool 3-5 (10-10:45am), Beginner Contemporary (5-6:15pm). Saturdays: House (7-9pm). Classes held at Spazio Performativo (10816-95 St). New faces are always welcome! For more info, visit: milezerodance.com/classes
- Grieving Workshops – Nurturing the Flow of Love and Life
Facilitated by Jonathan Hooton. A talking or healing circle approach will be used to provide a safe space for each participant to tell their story, if they want to, in a non-judgmental group.
Location: McCauley Apartments Office, B08 9541-108A Avenue
For more info please contact (780) 424-2870.
- Street Prints Artist Collective – Creating opportunities for independent artists to market and sell.
Artists volunteering together to market and sell the works and prints of themselves and other artists collectively.
For more info please contact (780) 424-2870 or (780) 271-5995
Facebook page: @streetprintscollective
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
- BUILDING BRIDGES – Building Bridges All Nations First Nations Fusion Church Services Sundays, 3 to 6 p.m. at St. Faith’s Anglican Church, 11725-93 Street.
- NEW MEMBERS WELCOME TO JOIN MCCAULEY CLUB – Kids from age 6 to 17 are invited join after school programs that run from 3:30 to 6:30 p.m. Mon., Tues., Wed., & Fri., & from 2:30 to 6:30 p.m. on Thurs. Programs include arts & culture, physical activity, health & nutrition, academic support, life skills, and leadership. Drop in at 9425 109A Ave. or call (780) 822-2549 for details. Offered free of charge.
- Piu Yum Recreation Club – Piu Yum Recreation Club
Dancing, Exercise, and Singing
Everyone is welcome, free admission
Every Monday from 1:00 to 5:30 p.m.
Boyle Street Community League
9538 – 103A Avenue, Edmonton
- Musical Mamas Singer Songwriter Support Group for Women – A wonderful gathering of female singer/songwriters and industry professionals who meet monthly to inspire, support, develop, and expand musically. Held at the Boyle Street Plaza on the last Tuesday of each month 7-9 p.m. All Ages – Free
For more information: (780) 807-5883
- Comfy Collective Kitchen – Try out nutritious, inexpensive foods and easy recipes.
Prepare three ready-to-eat meals to take home and enjoy lunch with the group. Saturday, April 9, 10:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.$4 for lunch and 3 take-away portions $7.50 for lunch and 6 take-away portions For more info or to sign up call (780) 424-2870.
- Daycare spaces – Not for Profit accredited Daycare and After School Care has openings for children 12 months to 12 years. McCauley Community After School Care Association – contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Edmonton Catholic Schools’ 100 Voices Pre-Kindergarten Programs – Genesis School, as part of Edmonton Catholic Schools’ 100 Voices Pre-Kindergarten program, offers programming for 3 and 4 year olds in unique City of Edmonton Recreation Centres and Attraction sites throughout the city. Sites include Commonwealth Recreation Centre, Central Lions, Valley Zoo, John Janzen Nature Centre, Muttart Conservatory, Kinsmen Sports Centre and many more! For a complete list of locations and information on how to register for these exciting programs please go to www.genesis.ecsd.net or call 780-638-6810.
- HOPE MISSION – 10635 – 96 Street
Drop-In: Tues.-Sat. 5:00-10:00 p.m. (social activities after dinner)
Evening Meals: Tues.-Fri. 7:00-8:00 p.m. / Sat. 5:00-6:00 p.m.
Art Class: Mon. 12:30-2:30 p.m.
Food Depot: Tues. and Thurs. 1:00 p.m. / Wed. (for students or workers) 8:00 p.m.
Women’s Lunch: Weds. 10:30-2:00 p.m.
Call to learn about our summer programs!
For more information call The Mustard Seed, at (780) 426-5600 or visit: www.theseed.ca
- FREE KIDS COMPETITIVE SWIM PROGRAM – For kids ages 6 to 14 at Commonwealth Pool.
Must be able to swim 25m unassisted.
Must live within the McCauley boundary.
Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 4 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Contact Corrine @ (780) 421-1189 or email@example.com.
- St. John’s Evangelical Lutheran Church – Sunday Services:
German at 9:30AM, English at 11:00AM.
Communion: German first Sunday an English third Sunday of each month.
Special services for religious holidays.
Tel: (780) 422 0059
- Local Author selling signed books – I’ve written a memoir of my life growing up with bipolar disorder, as well as a collection of adventure stories and a poetry collection and would love to sell you a signed copy of any of these, I will even deliver them. Call 587-708-0354 and ask for Leif.
- Autographed Books for Sale – Leif Gregersen, McCauley author, is selling signed copies of his two books and one poetry chapbook at a 15% discount to anyone who mentions this ad. The books are a memoir and a collection of stories and Leif Gregersen can be contacted at (587) 708-0354.
- Seniors Caring About Seniors – Seniors Caring About Seniors (SSCAS) is a non-profit organization. Our mission is to be an effective service facilitator for seniors.
How can you help a senior in your neighbourhood? By becoming a Service Provider (earn a little extra cash).
For more information please call Val @ (780) 465-0311 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- COMMONWEALTH COMMUNITY REC CENTRE ACCESS – All Amenities, Sundays 1-3 p.m., FREE for MCL and BSCL members.
- Edmonton Family Worship Centre – 10605 – 96 St
Tuesday, 7:00 p.m.
Men’s Freed Group
(Christian 12 Step program) -7:15 p.m. in the Church basement.
Thursday: 7:00 p.m. Watch and Pray -Prayer-Walking the Neighbourhood
Sunday services: 10:00 a.m.
- NEIGHBOURHOOD PAINTING – Randy, 25 years experience, $12 per hour.Offering Indoor (year round) and/or Outdoor (seasonal). Some of the work I have completed is taking care of all the painting needs at The Rock/ Breakfast Club. To contact me, please leave a message at (780) 426-1122.
- HANDS ON LTD. CONTRACTED SERVICES – Offers: Residential and office cleaning. Move ins and move outs and yard maintenance. Call Linda at (780) 619-4776.
- ART EXHIBIT/SALE – Studio 3 is located at 10308-100 Street half a block south of the CN Tower. It exhibits my multimedia art, miniature furniture and doll houses. The work is unique, imaginative and affordable. If no one is there, or for appointment, please call Marc at (780) 429-3498.
- WIRELESS NETWORKING – Are you tired of your street using you wireless Internet connection? I can set up your Wireless Router and increase your network security. Call Kevan at (780) 983-5343.
- P.A.L.S. Project Adult Literacy Society Needs Volunteers – Work with adult students in the ESL – English as a Second Language program. Training, materials, and supplies provided. Call (780) 424-5514 for more information.
- WECAN FOOD COOP – Monthly Food Basket $15/meat order, $10/produce order – Annual Membership is $5.
Upcoming deadlines for payment are: May 3 & June 7. Payment can be at McCauley Boys & Girls Club, during business hours, Monday – Friday 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
Next depot dates (for food pick up): May 16 & June 20, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. at McCauley Boys & Girls Club (9425 109A Avenue).
For more info please contact (780) 424-2870 or (780)-413-4525.
Website info: www.wecanfood.com
- FREE MONDAY EVENING GUITAR LESSONS – Instructor: Steven Johnson
Drop in guitar lessons for all ages and skill levels.
(Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult)
Everyone welcome. Guitars available to use.
Every Monday evening – 8:15 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.
Location: McCauley Boys & Girls Club, (9425 109A Avenue).
To sign up for guitar lessons or for more info call (780) 424-2870 or (780) 271-5995
Sponsored by the McCauley Community League, E4C and Ansgar Danish Lutheran Church.
- LEARNING CENTRE LITERACY ASSOCIATION – The Learning Centre Literacy Association is seeking volunteer tutors to helpadults develop reading, writing and/or math skills. Volunteers participate ingroup learning, tutor one-to-one, or assist drop-in learners.Skills and Experience: High school level reading,writing and/or math skills. Openness to tutor and learn with adults withvarious life experiences, including living with homelessness. Two locations: Boyle Street Community Services and Abbottsfield Mall.
Contact: Denis Lapierre
- NETWORKS ACTIVITY CENTRE – 780-474-3363, EXT. 302. Volunteer! JOIN OUR TEAM! Networks Activity Centre provides adults with brain injury a program that promotes an active lifestyle through opportunities for social interaction, physical activity, and community involvement. Volunteering with Networks Activity Centre is a wonderful way to enrich your life and touch the lives of those we serve. If you are interested in joining our volunteer team please call 780-474-3363 ext. 302.
- WOULD YOU LIKE TO BECOME MORE CONNECTED TO YOUR COMMUNITY? – If you can spare 45-60 minutes a week during school hours to spend playing games, reading books, doing sports, laughing and talking, building, baking, or making crafts, you could become a mentor to a child at Norwood School. Mentors say it’s the best part of their week! To join in the fun please call Leigh Roy at (780) 477-1002, ext. 314 or e-mail: email@example.com. Our volunteers are valued members of our Norwood Family!
- NICOTINE ANONYMOUS – RICK (780) 474-5593
GWYNN (780) 443-3020
Support for smokers who are trying to quit. Call Nicotine Anonymous.
- SACRED HEART CHURCH OF THE FIRST PEOPLES – (780) 422-3052 for further info on anything listed below.
Eucharist is held each Sunday at 10 a.m., 11:30 a.m. and 7 p.m. Bimonthly programs available to prepare parents for their child’s Baptism, First Communion and Confirmations. Traditional Native Wakes, in First Nations, Métis, and Inuit traditions. AA meets in the Parish Hall. Eating Disorder Group meets each week.WhiteStone Project and Edmonton Inner City Children’s Project Society run their programs in conjunction with Parish programs. Gospel music festivals, dances, youth dances, pancake breakfasts and Feasts are held in the hall throughout the year.
- THE MUSTARD SEED – 10635 – 96 Street
Evening Meals: Mon.-Fri. 7:00-8:00 p.m., Sat. 5:00-6:00 p.m.
Food Depot: Tues. and Thurs. afternoons 1:00-3:00 p.m., Wed. evenings 8:00-9:00 p.m.
Drop-In Coffee: Monday – Friday afternoons 3:00-6:00 p.m.
Evening Drop-In: Saturday 6-10 p.m.
Personal Assistance Centre (PAC, clothing ministry) 10568-114 Street, side door
Mon: 1:00 – 3:30 p.m.
Wed.: 5:00 – 7:30 p.m.
Thurs: 1:00 – 3:30 p.m.
For more information call The Mustard Seed, at (780) 426-5600 or visit: www.theseed.ca
- WOMEN’S HEALTH CLINIC – Located in the Women’s Emergency Accommodation Centre is open Monday – Wednesday from 9:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Closed on Thursday and Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- BOYLE STREET COMMUNITY SERVICES – 10116 – 105 Avenue (780) 424-4106 Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Youth night: Wed. 4-7 p.m. Adult Drop-In open all day – 8.30 – 4.30 . Lunch: Monday-Friday at 11.30. Free repairs for eyeglasses every Monday, 9 a.m.-1 p.m; housing, family, youth, mental health and outreach programs available.
- The Rock Outreach – 11004 – 96 Street NW
Phone (780) 426-1122
Breakfasts: Tuesday to Thursday 7-9 a.m.
Kids Club: Third Monday of the Month
- INNER CITY PASTORAL MINISTRY – 10527-96 St. NW
Pastor Rick Chapman
Pastoral Assistant: Michelle Nieviadomy
Sunday Service: 11 a.m. – noon
Sunday Lunch: Noon – 1 p.m.
- BOYLE MCCAULEY HEALTH CENTRE – 10628 – 96 Street
Monday – Thursday 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Saturday 9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Women’s Health Promotion Evening: Thursdays (except the last Thursday of the month) from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00p.m. preceded by yoga class at 3:30 p.m. for one hour.
Foot Clinic – Wednesday from 1:30 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Dental – Monday – Friday 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Streetworks during clinic hours.
- BISSELL CENTRE – (780) 423-2285
Drop-in Centre: Monday – Friday 7 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. /Saturdays: 12 p.m. – 4 p.m.
Child Care Centre: Monday – Friday 9 a.m. – 4:15 p.m. (reservations preferred)
Women’s Lunch: Tuesdays and Thursday at noon
Health for Two: Tuesdays at 12 p.m.
Parenting Classes: Mondays at 11 a.m.
Free Tax Workshops: Wednesdays 12:30 p.m. – 4 p.m.
Haircuts: Tuesdays 1 to 3 p.m. (sign up at 12:15, first come first serve)