Safer McCauley Update - Important New Resources
NEW FACEBOOK GROUP: MCCAULEY CONNECT & SHARE
- In response to COVID-19, several McCauley community members created a Facebook group for individuals to offer or request support. You are invited to visit and join Facebook @McCauley Connect & Share:
REACH COVID-19 COMMUNITY DATABASE
- REACH Edmonton has developed a thorough and easy to navigate COVID-19 Community Database. Visitors are welcome to add to the database and provide feedback about other resources they’d like to find. Please visit REACH Edmonton COVID-19 Community Response:
The new Problem Property Initiative has created a confidential online reporting tool. Community members wishing to report a problem property can visit:
- Issues regarding problem properties and all other bylaw infractions can also be reported via 311. This process allows the City to track all complaints. Anyone reporting via 311 is advised to request a file number. They can also request a call back from the Municipal Enforcement Officer for McCauley.
ILLEGALLY DUMPED JUNK
- For large items illegally dumped on your property and/or public property, please contact McCauley City of Edmonton Revitalization Coordinator, Greg Brandenbarg (firstname.lastname@example.org), who can arrange for a private contractor to remove them.
- For issues related to items at a problem property, please follow the process above in PROBLEM PROPERTIES.
LARGE ITEM PICK UP
- Community organizations have collaborated for many years on community clean ups. This season, to adapt to COVID-19, a private contractor provided by McCauley Community League, McCauley Revitalization, E4C and Safer McCauley will circulate McCauley to pick up your unwanted large items free of charge. If you have items that you would like to get rid of, please place them in the alley behind your property in the morning on the following dates:
- Friday, June 19 & Saturday, June 20*
- Friday, September 18 & Saturday, September 19 *
NEEDLE CLEAN UP
- Boyle Street Ventures’ (BSV) continues to clean up needles on private property. Service is available Monday to Friday (9am-4pm) and Saturday (9am-noon). Please call BSV at 780-426-0500 for service. Calls to 311 requesting needle clean up on private property are now referred to BSV.
- Please call 311 to report needles on public property. Capital City Clean Up (CCCU) continues to respond to these calls.
- With support from CCCU, Boyle Street Community Services’ Downtown Proud is providing proactive clean up of needle debris and litter on public property in McCauley’s Chinatown several days a week.
- The Mustard Seed and McCauley Revitalization have partnered for several years on needle clean up in McCauley. Stay tuned for details regarding the resumption of this service.
- If your household requires a sharps container, feel free to contact me directly at email@example.com
MCCAULEY LITTER SQUAD
- Safer McCauley is supporting community members who have requested litter clean up kits. A typical Litter Squad event is not possible at this time, but households wanting a free kit (including litter grabbers), are welcome to contact me directly firstname.lastname@example.org. All volunteers are reminded to adhere to Alberta Health Services directives regarding physical distancing.
- Capital City Clean Up is currently working with community leagues to provide additional litter kits. Please stay tuned to Facebook @safermccauley for further details: https://www.facebook.com/safermccauley/.
- Remember where possible, lock up your garbage or keep it out of view until the day of collection. To reduce garbage rummaging please consider using clear transparent garbage bags.
On behalf of REACH Edmonton and Safer McCauley, I wish you all the best.
REACH Neighbourhoods Convener