Soccer in McCauley
Soon the snow will be gone, the field in Giovanni Caboto Park will dry up, and before you know it the park will be a hum of activity. This year, the McCauley Community league has decided to try a new style of soccer program. Many families in the area had expressed their desire for a soccer program that was less expensive, involved not so much driving, and a less hectic schedule. We have developed a Family Friendly Neighbourhood Soccer program. The plan is to have the kids play each other in small groups, learn some new skills and have fun! We will need parents to volunteer as coaches and we are planning to bring in some guest trainers for some of the evenings as well. See above for registration information, dates, and fees.McCauley Family Friendly Neighbourhood Soccer
- An 8 week non-competitive co-ed soccer program, starting the first week in May, ending last week of June.
- Groups will be split into teams, and play each other. The Little Kickers will play a 3on3 game, Pre-Juniors 4 on 4, Juniors and Intermediates 8 vs. 8, and Senior 11 vs. 11.
- All games will be played in Giovanni Caboto Park.
Soccer Registration Information
When: Thursday April 6 and Thursday April 13, from 7-9 p.m.
Where: McCauley Rink trailer, 10750 96 Street
- Registration includes a T-shirt, shorts, socks, and shin guards.
- Must purchase a community league membership either from McCauley or from your community. McCauley membership is $5.00 per/family.
- If you are low income, bring your health benefits card, and your fees will be covered by the community league.
- You may sign up to volunteer for coaching or one of our community events and have your fees waived as well. * Volunteering for community events requires a deposit in the same amount as the registration fee, which will be returned after fulfilling your commitment.
- Will take cash or personal cheques.
If you are interested in playing competitive soccer, visit the EMSA North website emsanorth.com, where you can register online, and they will direct you to the nearest community that is running a competitive program.
Grace is the Soccer Coordinator in McCauley.