Yam Salad with Quick and Easy Honey Mustard Dijon Dressing
This is a salad I make regularly when people come over for dinner.
2 large yams (1-1/2 pounds)
2 tablespoons olive oil
¼ teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 can black beans (drain and rinse)
3 green onions (slice thinly)
1 medium sized red bell pepper (cut small and diced)
1 cup corn (if frozen, be sure to thaw first)
½ cup cilantro
- Preheat oven at 400 degrees
- In a bowl, mix the yams along with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Evenly spread yams on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 45 minutes.
- While the yams are baking prepare the other ingredients and place them in a bowl
- Once yams are cooked and cooled, add them to the bowl with the other ingredients and add the dressing and toss together.
- Feel free to adjust to taste by adding more salt and pepper, lemon, cilantro, or olive oil.
- This salad can be served at room temperature, or cold; and will keep for up to 5 days refrigerated.
Quick and Easy Dijon Mustard Dressing
½ cup olive oil
1/3 cup honey
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon mayonnaise
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Whisk oil, honey, lemon juice, mayonnaise, and mustard together.
- Keep refrigerated. Be sure to remix before using each time.
(Source for the dressing: an Aussie recipe swap.)
Yovella is a former resident of McCauley who still works and volunteers in the area.
More in this issue